Free at last

Maddie stormed into the party her father was hosting for all of his colleagues and investors.

"Madeline what are you doing here?" He asked under his breath.

"I know what you did" Maddie said not caring who was around.

"Madeline not now. I'm about to close a deal with a highly sought after construction company" he whispered back. Maddie looked around to see Lily and Chuck were at the party mingling with the guests. Lily, Chuck and Serena were representing the Bass family and Bass Industries tonight.

"You sent an innocent man to jail" Maddie snapped. Her outburst had caught the attention of the guests.

"Madeline Rose enough!"

"You had me believing I caved again. Making feel as though I couldn't trust myself. You are the one I can't trust" Maddie yelled.

"Madeline tonight is not the time" Lily whispered trying to calm her down.

"Lily is right Madeline. Please go to your room. We will talk later" her father said pushing her towards the stairs.

"Sorry to ruin your little party but don't invest in my father unless you are looking to work with a liar and manipulator" Maddie announced before heading to her room.

Juliet followed her in with Blair, Nate and Dan behind her.

"Don't take another step closer to her" Blair threatened.

"B it's okay. We talked already" Maddie said.

"Clearly she has you drugged again. Dan write down every drug that Damien had given Juliet" Blair commented.

"B I have it all under control. Juliet you can go. I'll get your brother out of jail myself" Maddie said before falling back onto her bed.

"But M?" Blair said all flabbergasted.

"She told me the truth. It's my dad who's the problem right now" Maddie said rubbing her temples.

She needed her dad to confess his wrongdoing and get Ben out of prison immediately.

"Do you have a suggestion on how to handle your dad then?" Blair asked.

"I do" Chuck said walking in.

The following morning her father had the charges dropped and Ben's records cleared. Chuck had threatened to cut ties with Rose Real Estate. Her father couldn't afford for that to happen.

The two walked out of the police station together.

"Thank you! I couldn't have freed him without you" Maddie said to Chuck.

"What are friends for?" Chuck joked. Maddie smiled before walking away.

Ben was now a free man and Maddie was no longer under Juliet's control.
———
A week later the group of six were at the penthouse celebrating Christmas with each other.

A homemade meal shared amongst the friends before they all went their separate ways for the holidays.

Serena heading with her mother to Monticito. Chuck off to New Zealand for a cultural experience. Nate off getting things ready for his dad's arrival home from prison.

Maddie off to celebrate the holidays with her mother. Hoping to find clarity in where her future lies, whether it be in New York or in Europe.

Blair and Dan were the only two remaining in the concrete jungle, New York City.

"I have to be going. Thanks for the meal" Maddie said looking at her wrist watch.

"I have a plane to catch as well" Chuck said pushing his chair. "Glad to have provided the location for this meal"

"I did shove my hand inside the turkey" Blair commented rolling her eyes in disgust.

"I'll walk you guys out" Nate said grabbing his coat.

"I guess I'm cleaning up" Dan commented.

"I'll help" Serena said with her signature smile.

"See you all in the New Year" Maddie said as she entered the elevator pulling her coat on. Chuck and Nate stepping in as well.

"So when are you coming back?" Nate asked. It was a discussion topic Maddie hadn't brought up yet.

"I'm not too sure yet but I have a feeling I won't be gone for long. New York is my home after all. Plus it's where my best friends are" Maddie said giving a hug and kiss on the cheek to both Chuck and Nate as they elevator landed on the lobby floor.

She hurried out of the elevator and towards the door.

"Merry Christmas you two. Don't be getting into too much trouble Chuck. Don't want to be hearing about it in Germany" Maddie teased as the doorman opened the door for her.

He smiled at her, watching her jump into her town car.

She took one last glance at the two guys who were still inside the building talking about something before hopping into the limo.

"LaGuardia Airport please" she called out before getting comfortable for the ride she had ahead of her.