The Space Rock

Arabella's POV

I was up in the store with Henry and Gooch, and Gooch was using a crane to move a very heavy space rock that we found.

Henry picked up potted plant and Gooch stopped him. "No, no. Move all those things to the side."

"All right. All right." Henry says. "Bella, help."

"Kk." I say and help Henry move the table to the side.

"Hey, you guys." I heard Charlotte say as she entered the store. I turn and see she had bought corndogs from the Corn Doggery.

"Yo." I greet and smile at her.

"Hey." Henry greets.

"You are late for work." Gooch tells her.

"It's not my fault. There was a line at the Corn Doggery." Charlotte reasons.

"You got us corndogs?" Henry asks and I smile.

"Yeah, dude." Charlotte grins.

"Thanks, Charlotte." I smile and Henry and I take a corn dog.

"This is not corn dog time." Gooch interrupts us.

"It's always corn dog time." I protest and Henry and Charlotte nod.

Gooch gave in. "Okay, give me a corndog."

Charlotte hands Gooch a corndog and he grins happily.

"So, what is all this?" Charlotte questions, gesturing to the space rock.

"That is a big rock." Henry points to the rock in the air.

"From outer space." Gooch adds.

"No, I mean what's this crane for." Charlotte gestures to the crane behind us.

"To move the rock." I inform her and take a bite of my corndog.

"It weighs over seven thousand pounds." Henry explains, biting a piece of his corndog.

"Wow." Charlotte says with shock and turns to Gooch. "Can I borrow this crane to move my big uncle Rosco? Because he's been on our couch since Christmas."

Gooch was struggling with the controls and couldn't handle it well. "Darn it." The crane moved the rock from side to side. "Which one of these controls makes the-"

The crane opened and the rock fell right in front of us, causing all of us to jump back in shock. The rock smashed through the floor and all of us gasped and jumped as it smashed through all the floors below us.

"You dropped the rock." Henry points out.

"Wow, that thing's gonna fall all the way down to the Man Cave." Charlotte mentions and this alarms us.

"Dad!" I gasp and rush over to my phone to call him.

My dad answers and I hear music. "Hey, Cookie, I can't talk. I'm Hula-sizing with Laylani."

"Dad! There's a seven thousand pound space rock on its way down there!" I warn him.

"There's a what on its way down where?" He questions with confusion and it became silent.