Chapter 8

After school I hang out with Sheri at Monet's. I tell her about what happend with Monty in the classroom.
"What? Are you serious? You actually have feelings for him?" She says and I cant tell if she looks exited, angry or worried, or all three at the same time.
"No! I dont! I just said that to make him feel bad..." I look down. I dont want anybody to know that had fallen for Montgomery De La Fuckboy. Not even Sheri.
"You are the worst liar I've ever met! The absolute worst!" She squizes. I bet no one could lie to her. She must have superpowers or something.
"I feel stupid!" I say.
"No, stop. You're not stupid. And he told you he liked you." She says.
"Yes, but he has probably told a dussin girls the same thing just this week."
"Maybe." Sheri says. "There's only one way to find out. You need to talk to him" She continus.
"I already have! I told him to come to me when he wants a relationship. So I'm just gonna' wait til he makes up his mind."

When I get out from my first period the next day someone grabs my hand. Suprisingly enough it's not Monty. I look up and see Jessica.
"Hi?" I say to her.
"What's the deal with you and Monty?" She asks.
"What do you mean?"
"I heard you guys fucked at Bryces party." She says and I look down.
"It was just a one night stand."
"Are you sure, cause he's acting really weird. I mean I saw him turn a girl down! That's like me turning down for a drink!" She says.
"He did that?" I ask. She nods, and I caughts myself smiling.
"Holyshit! You like him!"
"No I dont!" I say, a little to fast. She laughs, I can tell she doesn't belive me.
"Sure." She say and walks away.

Maybe I had a chance with him after all. I decides to go look for him. I look everywere. After a while I decides to give up. But then I see him when I get back into the hall. He's alone. Since I dont want do make the first move I start to walk right past him, hoping for the better. My plan works well. He grabs me and turns me around.

"No Sheri today?" He says and smirk.
"No asshole friends today?" I say.
"They're at football practice. I as you may know I'm not allowed to go."
"That's your own fault." I snap and he rolls his eyes.
"No, that's your fault actually. But enough off that. We need to talk."
"About?" I look at him.
"What you said yesterday."
"Uhm, okay. Why dont we talk in our standard classroom?" He laughs.
"No, second period starts soon."
"It doesn't start in like half an hour, but okay." I say. He ignores me.
"Send me your adress! I'll pich you up at six!" He smirks and leaves.

After school I tell Sheri all about it.
"You gonna' go?" she asks.
"I dont think I have a choice really."
"You can just not open the door." She says. I raises a eyebrown.
"It's Monty we're talking about. If I dont open up he'll probably break the door down and carrie me to his car." Sheri laughs.
"Sounds about right." Then she looks serious again. "But really, are you really gonna' give him a chance? I mean he's the same guy that beat Tyler up without a reason. And the same guy that treathend you in the classroom."
"I think he's just broken, maybe I can fix him." I say. Wow, that was way deeper then I expected.
"Give it a try then." She says.
"What do you think?" I ask her.
"I think your right."
"You do?" I ask again. She gives me a deep look.
"Yeah, I just think he's too messed up to fix." What Sheri says hitts me hard. maybe she's right, maybe she's not. I'm gonna give it a try either way.

"Maybe he just wants to friendzone me." I say.
"Then why would he wanna' met in person?"
"I dont know, maybe he just wants to be nice?"
"Nice?" She gives me a confused look. "Montgomery De La Cruz, nice?"
"Good point." I say and we laugh.
"I better go get ready." I say to her.
"Break a leg!" She ssys and huggs me.
"I wanna' hear everything tomorrow, okay?" She says and I nod.

When I'm in my room getting ready my mom walks in.
"Knock, please!" I say as she walks in.
"Sorry, honey." She says and I roll my eyes.
"What are you getting ready for?"
"I'm gonna' met up with a friend." I say.
"If you want I can drive you."
"It's cool, he's gonna' pick me up."
"He?" She says and laughs.
"Can you just leave?" I say and she walks out.

One hour later I hear someone knocking on the door. Shit, he's here.