Chapter 16

I wake up by my alarm. I turn around to look at Monty. He's still a sleep. I kiss him on the cheek, but he doesn't wake up.
"Monty? Wake up!" I say and punshes him in the stomatch.
"Leave me alone! Let me sleep!" He yells with his morning voice. He takes one off my pillows and pushes me out off the bed with it. I scream.
"What are you doing? You have to get up!" I laugh. He doesn't move. I get up in the bed again. I put my hand on his cheek. He's really hot. I put my hand on his forhead.
"You're really hot." I say to him. He laughs.
"Tell me something I dont know already." He smirks. I roll my eyes.
"I'll refrase. I think you have the fever." I say. "How are you feeling?" I ask.
"Hot." He smirks.
"I'm serious." I say and roll my eyes.
"Alright. I feel tired, let me get back to sleep."
"I think you need to stay home today, do you think that you can drive to your house?" I ask him. Montys expretion change quickly.
"Can I stay here?" He asks. I look at him.
"Is your dad home?" I ask.
"Yes." He nods.
"You can stay here." I say. He smiles. I bend down and kisses him. "I dont think my parents'll come home, so it's fine."

I get up from the bed and get ready. While I do my makeup Monty makes fun off me.
"Can you just shut up?" I say after a while. He laughs.
"Okay, sorry." He laughs.

Before I'll leave I bend down to give Monty a kiss.
"There's pizza in the fridge if you get hungry, text me if it gets worse or if you need me to come over." I say. He smiles.
"You know, you'd make a great mum." He smirks. I roll my eyes.
"I have to go, see you after school."
"Bye, love you." He says.
"You too." I say and walks out.

When I come to school someone taps me on the arm. I turn around to see who it is.
"Hello Sheri." I say when I see who it is.
"He there, how's things going?" She asks.
"Pretty good, actually. You?"
"Great. But did you talk to Monty about everything?" She asks.
"Yeah, I did."
"So?" She asks and I tell her about what Monty told me, and about Clay coming to my house. I leave out the rapes on Jess though, she have to tell that herself.
"Jesus." She says once I'm done.
"Right."
"Where is Monty? I have not seen him yet and you walked to school today. Has something happend between you?"
"What? No. He's just sick. Fever." I explain.
"Okay."
"I'm actually really worried about him." I look at her.
"Yup, he's messed up." She says.
"Yeah."

After third period I walk alone in the hall.
"Hey, Smith!" I hear someone shout. I turn around to see Scott.
"Hi, Scott." I say. He walks up to me.
"Is Monty skipping today or what?" He ask me.
"He's at my place." I say.
"Tell him to get his ass here in time for practice."
"Why dont you tell him." I ask.
"He doesn't answer my texts or pick up my calls." He explains.
"Okay, but he has the fever so he's not going anywere." I say.
"Fever?" I nod. "Well he has to get better soon then. I mean since Justin's nowhere to be seen."
"Justin's gone?" I ask. He laughs.
"From school at least. He's at Bryces."
"Bryces?" I ask sceptecty. He nods and walks away. If what Monty has told me is true it's messed up that Justin still is hanging with Bryce.

"Hey, Jess!" I shout when I see Jessica in the hall. I walk up to her.
"Hey, what's up?"
"I just wanted to check on you. On how your doing." I say. She looks at me.
"I'm good."
"Are you sure?" I ask. She sighs.
"He told you about the tapes, didn't he?" She asks. I look down a bit.
"Yes."
"Fucking Monty." She says.
"But really, how are you feeling?"
"I'm fine. For real. Hannah just made up all that bullshit, I slept with Justin. I wasn't raped by anyone." She says. I can hear her voice breaking a little.

After school I get home. When I open the door I shout.
"I'm home!" I get no answer. "Monty?" I shout again. I doesn't get an answer this time either. I run up to my room. Monty lays in the bed asleep. I goes up to him and punshes him. He open his eyes slowley.
"Oh... hi." Hi smiles soft. He looks and soundes really tired.
"Hi." I say and smile back. "How are you feeling?" I ask. He doesn't answer.
"I havn't got a single text or call from my dad." He just says. I look at him. "What do you mean?"
"I never told him I was going to your place. I've been away for almost two days, and not a single fucking text. Maybe he hasn't noticed, or maye he just doesn't care." He explains. His voice sounds monotone. Lifeless. I bend down and hug him. He sits up next to me. He puts his arm around me and I lay my head against his shoulder.
"Nothing off that is your fault." I say. He doesn't look at me.
"I know." He says. It doesn't sound like he belives it.