Chapter 13

After school on Monday I get ready for the football game. I'm not really exited. Since both Sheri and Jessica are on the sheerleading squad I have to sitt alone. Monty had given me one off his liberty tigers t-shirts so that I could wear it on his games. So I pull it on. When I'm almost done my mom comes in.

"Do you need a ride to the game?" She ask.
"Sure, thanks." I say.
"How are things with your boyfriend?" She suddenly ask.
"He's good, why?"
"I havn't met him properly yet. Maybe you should invite him home for dinner sometime." She say.
"Yeah, maybe." I say.
"Do you have any friends that you'll met up with?" She asks.
"My friends are either playing in the game or sheers for the team." I explain. She nod.

Mom drives me to the game. She offers to stay with me. I turn her down. I get out from the car. When I get to the field, I can see Sheri. I smile at her. She kisses her hand and waves it my way. I pretend to catch the kiss in my hand and pushes it into my chest. Dramatic, I know. But she laughs and so does I.

I grab a seat.
"Hi there." I hear a voice from behind me. I turn around, it's Hannah.
"Hi!" I smile. She sits down next to me.
"It's been a while." She says.
"Yeah, it has."
"I dont think we have talked since me and Jess... you know..." She says. I nod. Me and Hannah pretty much stays silent when the game starts. After about fifteen minutes Monty scores. He looks at me and winks. I smile at him. I look at Hannah and she rolls her eyes.
"He's an asshole." She says.
"No, he's not." I am quick to deffend him.
"Sorry, you guys are a thing, I forgot." She says.
"Yeah, and even though he seems like an asshole, he's not. Maybe you should try to get to know people before you judge them." I say coldly.
"I'm sorry."

When the game was over I was about to leave but Hannah stopped me.
"Even though I dont know you so well, I think we could have been friends." She says and smile. I havn't really forgiven her for the coment about Monty yet but I laugh.
"What do you mean with could? You're freaking me out." I say. Hannah looks down.
"Uhm... sorry, I didn't mean it like that." She says.
"It's okay. Maybe you want to hang out sometime?" I ask her.
"Yeah, maybe. Bye." She say.
"Bye."

After the match I can see Monty talking to Scott. I walk up to them.
"Hello there." Monty smirks. I pull my arms around his neck and kisses him.
"You did great." I smile at him.
"Hey! What about me?" Scott asks.
"Sorry, you did great too." I laugh at him.
"Dont I get a kiss as well?" He continues.
"No, you dont." Monty says and pulls his arms around me. "Mine." I laugh at him, then I look back at Scott.
"Sorry, you heard him."
"Aw..." He says and plays offended.
"You want a ride home?" Monty asks me.
"Yes, thanks."

We get in his car, he starts it and drives away.
"Hazel?" He say. I look at him.
"Is it okay okay if I crash at your place tonight?" He asks me.
"Yeah, I think so. Have something happend?"
"No, it's just... my dad was in a bad mood before I left today." He explains. I places my hand on his.
"It'll be okay." I say. He nods.

"Hey, mom?" I shout when we get in my house. She comes in the room.
"Yes, was is it, honey?" She asks and looks at Monty.
"Is it okay if Monty sleeps here tonight?" I ask.
"Yes, ofcourse!" She smiles.
"Thank you, mrs. Smith." Monty says.
"No problem, dear." She says and gets out.

Me and Monty goes up to my room. This was the first time he saw it. We had only been at his place before. He looks around. He's eyes get stuck on the wall where I have my pitchures. He smirks and points at a pitchure off him kissing my cheek.
"I made the cut?" He smirkes.
"You did."
"Lucky me." He says and moves closer to me. He smiles at me and kisses me. "I really apriciated that you came today." He says. I laugh.
"As if I had a choice."
"Good point." He laughes.
"I actually apriciated being there." I say, he smiles.
"That shirt suits you, by the way." He grins at his t-shirt.
"Well, thank you."

A few hours later we decides to go to sleep. As my bed is really small I basicly have to lay on Monty. To be honset I dont mind that, and judging his facial expretions he doesn't either.
"Good night, baby." He smiles and kisses me on the forhead.
"You too." I smile.

The next morning I wake up by my alarm. Monty is already awake. He sits by the end off my bed staring at his phone. He looks numb.
"Good morning." I smile at him. When he turns to me it looks like he has seen a ghost, and he doesn't answer me.
"What is it?" I ask. He gives me a weird look.
"Hannah Baker has killed herself." He says in a monotone voice. Oh my god. I dont know what to say, so I just stays silent. I can feel a tear roling down my cheek. Then suddenly I come to a conclusion and starts to cry even more. Monty comes up to me and hugs me.
"I know you guys were friends. it's okay to be sad, but whatever you do, dont blame yourself." But that is just what I'm doing. That was why she acted so weird yesterday. That was ehy she said 'could' instead off 'can'. If I would have just though about it a little longer, and hadn't just belived her when she said she didn't mean it, maybe I could have stopped it.

Monty hugs me even tighter now. I've started to shake.
"It's okay." He says. I look up at him.
"No, it's not. Hannah is dead, Monty. Whatever this is it is not okay."
"I know, sorry." He says.