Chapther 25

I wake up by Montys alarm. Monty's still a sleep. I bend over him and kisses him on the cheek.
"Wake up." I wispher in his ear.
"I am a wake." He says in his morning voice.
"Sure you are." I say. He just mumble something in respond and turns around. I laugh.
"Hey! School starts in an hour!" I say. Now he turns around and looks at me.
"I know. So I'll get up in like half an hour." He says.
"Fine. Whatever." I just say and cuddle up next to him again.

When it's 9 AM I punch Monty pretty hard on the arm.
"Hey?! What the fuck's that for?" He looks at me. I giggle.
"You have to get ready." I say. He rolls his eyes.
"Fine." He gets up from the bed and puts some clothes on. Then he goes to the bathroom and brush his theets I guess.

When he gets out from the bathroom he looks at me.
"Are you ready? I'll take you home." He says.
I look down a bit.
"Uhm... yeah, sure." I say.

When Monty drops me of I get into the house. The door's unlocked.
"Hello?" I shout.
"Hazel?" It's mom. She comes in kitchen and looks at me.
"Where have you been? Shouldn't you get ready for school?" She asks.
"I've been at Montys place. And I feel... sick." I say. She gives me a harsh look.
"I got a call from your headmaster yesterday. He told me you skiped from school monday and yesterday." She says. She sounds pretty mad.
"I was sick..." I begin but she cut me of.
"He also told me Montgomery skiped the same days." She says.
"Yeah, he didn't want me to be alone while I was sick." I say.
"You have to go to school today." She just says.
"No... I feel sick." I say.
"Be in the car in ten minutes." She says. I sighn.

I go up to my room and put some clothes and mascara on. Then I go to the car.

When we get to school I try to get out of the car but mom stops me.
"Hazel... dont skip school again." She just says. I nod and get out.

When I get in the hall I see Jeff and Scott. They laugh at something. I walk up to them.
"Hey." I say. They turn around.
"Hello." Jeff says and we hug. Scott just nod at me.
"Monty said you'd be home today." he says.
"Yeah, change of plans." I say.
"You have history now, right?" Jeff asks me.
"Yup." I say. Since Jeff also do we go there together.

Right before I get in the classroom I can see Monty not far away. He looks at me and has a confused look on his face. I just smile at him and get in.

When the class begins I can see Monty standing against across the door. Once I get out e grabs my hand and pulls me close to him.
"What are you doing here?" He asks. He looks worried.
"My mom got home, she made me go." I say. He nods.
"Are you okay." he asks. I shrug.
"I dont know, I'm trying to be." I say. He smiles at me. He puts both his hands on my cheeks and kisses me.
"I gotta get to practice." He says and turns around.
"Bye!" I shout after him. He seemed a bit tense.

A few hours later I walk threw the hall with Scott and Jeff. When we're almost at the cafeteria Jeff walks away, and I see someone I dont want to see. Bryce. He's alone for one times sake. I slow down a bit so that I end up behind the jock next to me. Scott looks at me with a confused expretion.
"Just keep walking." I say, but it's too late. Bryce has already spotted me.
"Hey Hazel!" He shouts. As he walk up to us Scott start to laugh a bit.
"What the hell happend to you?" He says. I look at Bryce and emidietly understand what Scott means. He has a lot of bruises. However he ignores Scott. Instead he turns to me and I freaze.
"What the fuck did you tell Monty?" He wisphers. I look down. He sounds mad.
"Uhm... nothing." I say quickly.
"What's going on, man?" Scott asks.
"Nothing serious." Bryce says. "But you should probably leave." He says and points at where Jeff's at. Scott is about to open his mouth and say something but he shutes it and looks at me. He raises his eyebrow. Once I understand what he means I shake my head carefully. I dont want Bryce to see it.
"Yeah, I'll go." He says. What's he doing? I give him a mad look. "Hazel are you coming?" He asks me and now I can breath again.
"Sure." I say. Bryce looks like he's about to protest but he dont, so I just leave with Scott.
"Thank you." I say.
"Whatever." He say and smiles a bit. "But... uhm, I gotta ask..." he begins.
"What?" I ask and raises an eyebrow.
"Did you two you know... fuck?" He ask.
"No! Oh my god! Of course not!"  I say rather loud.
"Sorry, chill out."

When me and Scott gets to Jeff Monty's there. I give him a look.
"We need to talk." I just say. The other jocks starts to witsel and I roll my eyes at them. But Monty's face turns serious.
"Is everything allright?" He asks.
"Yeah, I just need to ask you something." He nods and gets up. He reaches for my hand but I pull it away. Even though I cant see him I know exactly wich face he makes. When we are in the hallway I stop and turn to him.

"Have you said something?" I ask. He raises an eyebrow. "To Bryce?" I add. He emidietly looks down. I start to get worried.
"Uhm..." he begins.
"What did you do?!" I start to panik.
"He... he talked a hole lot of bullshit about what happend at the party. He said that you like came on to him, and I couldn't stand his lies so I told him to shut the fuck up." Now he looks down again.
"And then what?" I ask.
"Then he asked me how I could be with a slut like you... and then I punched him."
"You didn't say anything about what happend?" I ask. He shake his head.
"Are you mad?" He asks. I dont answer. I just look at him. I walk closer to him. I put my hands on his cheeks and kisses him.
"I love you." I wispher.
"I love you." He wisphers back as he kisses my forhead.