A lover's touch

A/N: Smut warning! I don't have much experience writing sexy stuff, but I hope you can find it acceptable.

-

Stars appeared on the dark sky and the moon illuminated the freezing ground of Ovrilon. Most of the people retired for the evening as the clock's hour hand turned nine. Only a fool would stay out in the cold at this late hour. But of course, the cold never bothered Elsa, and her date with Cassandra is just about to begin.

She left her footprints in the fresh layer of snow as she searched for the maze inside the garden with uncertain steps. A shiver went through her body as the cold air hit the bare skin on her shoulder. Maybe Cassandra was right; it's much colder here than in Arendelle. And even though physically being cold is unknown for the Snow Queen, she can't help but let the goosebumps spread on her skin, as the winter breeze continues to caress her gently.

With great luck, she managed to find the maze within a short time. But Cassandra was nowhere to be seen. Perhaps she's inside, already waiting for her to find her. It's just a regular maze, nothing else. She can find her beloved with ease and soon, she'll be able to enjoy her loving company and generous hospitality. Or at least that's what she thought. A challenge without obstacles is no fun.

Pushing her fears aside, she made her way inside the maze. The first steps were slow and unsure. She almost didn't notice the temperature increase to a more pleasant warmth. As she adventures further, the snow disappeared under her feet, replaced by a mesmerising stone path. Without thinking, Elsa took each turn after another. Some ways led her to a dead-end, while others just made her feel lost. It was a waste of time with no escape. The walls of the maze are too high, and whenever she tries to turn back, it only leads her back. She wouldn't be surprised if Cassandra is playing a game with her. Elsa knows that the warrior has magical powers. Could it be that the maze is magical too?

She was about to give up when the heavenly sight of Cassandra's back calmed her little heart. The princess buried a hand in her raven hair, pushing a stray lock behind her ear. Elsa chuckled, feeling relieved, but it seemed like Cass hasn't noticed her. Maybe she's too deep in her thoughts, daydreaming about something. The Queen made her way towards her, and when she tried to place her hand on her shoulder, Cassandra's body faded into nothing but her lingering memory.

Elsa gasped, unsure of what happened. Was it something she did? Oh God, is she hurt Cassandra by accident, her heart and mind will break into million pieces! No, Cass can't die from a simple touch! "Hey, Snowflake. I see you found the maze." Elsa jumped. She heard Cassandra's voice from behind. Or was it just her mind playing games? Is she going insane? Probably not. She turned around, and there was Cass with a huge smile on her face. Elsa chuckled in relief and made her way to the princess. "Sorry for scaring you, dear. I didn't mean to." Without thinking, the blonde only came dangerously close. "But you were so quiet; I had no chance to explain what's-" When Elsa tried to wrap her arms around Cass and embrace her, the princess disappeared again. Panic began to rise in her chest, but to her surprise, the warrior appeared once again from a different path. "Please, let me finish." The Cassandra thing gulped. "I am just an illusion, just like those two before me. If you touch me, I will disappear."

"So...basically you just look and act like her?" Elsa awkwardly rubbed her arm as she asked.

The illusion laughed. "No, silly! It's a bit hard to explain, and maybe you misunderstood me, but there's no such thing as just an illusion. The person you are seeing is the real Cassandra, even though I'm not physically here with you. So you are not chatting with a thing, you are talking to me. This whole thing's kind of like making a bunch of me with my mind. I can see and control all my movements, but I'm unable to feel my surroundings. Now, please be so kind and hurry up a little bit, because seeing like three dozen things at once is making me kinda dizzy." They both laughed. Elsa wanted to touch Cass so badly, but she knew that's not possible right now. "You'd only get lost, so I'll lead you to the real me. But only with one condition." The illusion of Cass stepped closer, her body almost touching Elsa's. She leaned in, and the blonde could almost feel the memory of her hot breath on her skin. "Chase me." She pressed her lips to Elsa's forehead and faded away into the darkness.