S e v e n

━━━━━

Things Will Be Different

━━━━━

It wasn't long before Justin's hand was resting on Alaska's hip as he lifted her into the bitter air of the numbing arena. The girl rested her palm on his shoulder as she let her other hand go and formed the elegant shape of a star using her body. She let the lively breeze of their speed skim past her face as she basked in the feeling of reaching closer to the sky. 

Skating with the blond was easier than the newcomer had originally anticipated, perhaps because they scarcely exchanged any words, and the only voice that echoed in her mind except for her own, was Dasha's, their coach. Alaska couldn't tell much about the mysterious woman and her formidable coat, but one thing she knew, anyone was better than her mother as a trainer, and she was grateful that her journey with Charlotte when it came to skating was at long last, over. 

To her own surprise, skating alongside Justin wasn't as difficult as she contemplated it would be. They were doing quite alright, and she figured that so long as she got to do what she loved and no further problems arose, she would manage just fine with the notorious blond. The only form of communication the two shared apart from skating, was the occasional smirk from Justin or an eye roll in return from Alaska each time their bodies touched. 

Justin hoisted her up into an overhead lift as she adjusted her posture and aligned her head flawlessly, a gracious smile spreading across her face, one that faltered the moment her gaze landed on the brunette she had fled from the previous night, causing her to lose her balance and tumble forward.

"Woah, are you okay"?! Justin let out an uneasy pant as he caught the girl by her waist and let her down with ease, saving her miraculously from what could have turned into a dangerous fall. Alaska simply turned back and looked at her mother, who conversed with Kat besides the entrance to the rink.

"I'm fine" Alaska huffed as she turned her head back to Justin. Perhaps if she hadn't been so distracted she would give him a proper thank you, but as thoughts overwhelmed her brain, she couldn't bring herself to utter out words of gratitude "J-Just give me a second" She mumbled before gliding away, causing Justin to look at Dasha and shrug his shoulders "Take all the time you need".

"Mom, what are you doing here? You promised me you were done with my training" Alaska moved closer to her mother as Kat passed her with an acknowledging smile.

"And I'm keeping my promise" Her mom lifted her head up with pride, as though offended by her daughter's assumption of her lies "It's not you I'm here for" Her mother continued as her eyes scoured the arena, before landing on Kat. 

"Oh you've gotta be fucking kidding me"! The girl stumped one of her skates on the ice, sending spheres of frost everywhere as she turned her head to her mother, the realization dawning on her "You did not do that"!

"I did and you can't stop me" Her mother crossed her arms as she let out a sigh. There was only so much resentment Charlotte could handle calmly from her daughter before she had to stand up for herself "I can get Kat over her fear, I know I can".

"Are we just gonna ignore the fact your last student fucking died"!? Alaska uttered in disbelief as she furrowed her brows, earning a glare from her mother that meant to hush her tone "I am not going to let you ruin someone else's life with your stupid training! You told me you'd stop once you found me a partner, that you'd go out there and find something else to do! I can't believe you"!