S i x t e e n

━━━━━

This Or That

━━━━━

"I'm sorry I ruined your date with Marcus" The brunette layed beyond the engulfing covers of her bed, her arms and chin resting across one of the many pillows that embellished her safe space. Her mouth was formed into a signature, dispirited pout, meant to transmit the sincerity of her statement to the other brunette that stood in front of her.

"Don't be. You sounded like you needed me, so I'm here" Kat waved her palm away dismissively, defusing any possibility of traction in between them "What's the problem this time"? She pulled a mischievous grin across her face as she joined her friend by the gracious bundle of comfort. When it came to Alaska, there was always something going on, always a battle the minuscule girl tried to battle all on her own.

"Gregg asked me to skate with him" Alaska murmured uncertainly, finding herself grasping onto the ham of her shirt for stability. She could still barely apperhand it in her mind, not to mention speak of it out loud. 

"He-What"? Kat adjusted her position, lifting herself up as the idea of it coursed into her mind. She had heard of the skater's arrival, but never did she think he did so to just to return to his home with Alaska by his side. 

"Yeah. And Justin dumped me, so-" The rebel shrugged her shoulders, insinuating to her roommate of the main path she thought of taking, the offer she found herself dreaming at the thought of. 

"You want to take him back"? The single skater leaned her head to the side as she studied Alaska's features, attempting to figure out what was going on in that rigid mind of hers, one she was confident wasn't different from her own. They had never spoken about their deepest secrets, but perhaps their need to stay away from them was the reason they had gotten along with each other so well, their mutual understanding of staying out of each other's way, of knowing there was something, but not bothering to give it a second thought, for they had their own issues to deal with.

"I don't know, do I"? Alaska furrowed her brows with a hesitant shake, looking beneath her nose towards her fumbling fingertips. It was the first time Kat had truly seen her friend so lost. Never did the newcomer drop the act of the confident being, of the one who was able to withstand anything. The silent observer, that was capable of so much more. Yet as she examined the girl, she saw nothing but the insecurities she concealed from just about everyone. 

"If you agree, does that mean you'll be heading back to Montana"? Kat bit her lip skittishly, knowing how selfish the question truly was. She didn't want the brunette to leave. Not only they were friends, but her mother was her trainer, one she felt as though she was making progress with, and the thought of Alaska leaving, meant the possibility of things falling apart for her, of having no trainer, no accommodation. She would have to return to her mother, the one who would ridicule her for ever thinking she could leave the house and live on her own.

"Probably" Alaska raised her brows assumingly, bluntly admitting to the void that she hadn't thought of it, of truly taking the necessary step and returning home. She daydreamed of it, of course, but it didn't take much rational thought to understand reality would differ, and hardships would surely follow wherever she went, as it did with everyone else. 

"Shit" The single skater groaned as she rubbed her face, attempting to come up with an unbiased away of giving advice, a thing she was already terrible at doing. She wasn't sure why Alaska approached her for advice, surely not because she wanted to. It seemed like the last thing the wild brunette would do, which only enhanced the idea of how bleak and dubious things seemed in her mind "Well, if Justin dumped you, what other option do you have"?