E i g h t e e n

━━━━━ 

A Battle I Know Too Much About

━━━━━ 

Leniently, Alaska swayed side to side, as though one with the breeze, gracing along the enchanted wonders of life. Her dress encircled her, joining her for the delicate movements of nervousness she demonstrated.

Her eyes fixated on the entrance to the notorious bar, pondering if she shall take a step further, or turn back around and head home. The only reason she ever found herself by the doorway of an establishment that proffers nothing but intoxication and tiresome dancing was the blond, who had insisted on bringing her along when Jenn invited him for a night out along with Gabe, their competition. She felt lavish that morning, so she agreed, only to undergo much dismay as the night came closer to view, as she stood by the entry and attempted to make a decision. She didn't feel like partying, was never the type, but despite that, felt the urge to do something different, to leave her house for once, or perhaps, see the blond anywhere else but the brumal arena.

So instead of giving it much second, or even third thoughts, her feet marched forward and she ambled into the bar with assertiveness, the chaotic lighting inundating her, painting her with a brilliant array of colors. Alaska stood there, her purse clutched to her side as her eyes surveyed the overwhelming area for either of the members that were to arrive that night. There were gatherers sat by the bar, taking shots, all so they could forget about the sorrows of tomorrow, same as those who let loose amidst the dance floor, shoving their issues away for one precious night.

His blond hair, that was illuminated with the beauty of the pallet available on the ceiling above, was sighted easily, but perhaps regretfully, for as soon as Alaska spotted Justin, her gaze instantly landed on her friend, Jenn, who had her hands wrapped around his neck, pulling him in for a kiss.

As much as the pair skater tried to convince herself it was allowed, seeing as her relationship with Justin was far from romantic, and she constantly denied her feelings towards him, she couldn't control the sensation that flooded her, the sudden thud in her heart, that awakened all of her senses, blew up yet another long lost dream of hers. She spared a moment for the two, before deciding to not dwell on it any further and turning in her place, skipping her way out of the bar, hoping she wouldn't be noticed by a familiar soul. Her eyes followed the speckles of snow that decorated the parking lot as she began the journey of wondering aimlessly towards who knows where, all so she could hopefully clear her thoughts.

"Alaska, wait up"! The voice she had so badly wanted to avoid, but all the same, wanted to hear, resounded behind her, belonging to the boy, who attempted to catch up with her at his drunken state, arranging his coat to fit the weather conditions outside.

"What do you want"?! She twirled around intimidatingly, stomping her foot against the firm asphalt as she met the chivalrous gaze of the boy "Don't you have places to be, people to do"?

"Aren't you gonna come join us"? He questioned, taking a step closer to her, one she reciprocated, only by taking one back.

"You and Jenn sucking faces? No thanks" She crossed her arms defensively, unable to believe that she had let one of his invitations harm her again, in one way, or another.

"That? That was nothing" His brows creased as he held his hands out in front of him arguably "She kissed me, okay"? He attempted to convince the girl, and though some of it was true, Jenn being the one to start the gesture, Justin was surely the one who let it happen, an action he felt guilty for, and could justify only using the troubling thoughts that reigned over him that day, that clouded his judgment heavily.