T w e n t y - T w o

━━━━━

Rule Number One

━━━━━

"Okay, what the fuck now"? Alaska breached into her friend's room with might after returning from another exhausting training session "What is up with Jenn? Why is she treating me like I pulled a top ten worst anime betrayals on her"? 

"Because, she thinks you did" The single skater shrugged her shoulders as she folded her clothing attentively. You could tell a lot about both girls simply by taking an effortless glance in their rooms. Kat's bedroom was neatly organized, Alaska's, the great opposite. Her room was a disaster, perhaps, serving as a representation of the whirlpool in her mind. Still, as time passed and she settled in the small town that was Sun Valley, her belongings found their place, and though her room was far from perfect, it was just right for her. 

"What do you mean"? Alaska's brows creased at once as she held her palm in front of her, taking the form of puzzlement she so often found herself in. 

"Leah said you were seen having a moment with Justin in the parking lot a few days ago" Kat disclosed nonchalantly, as though the revelation was nothing but a notion that had long sunk in her conscious.

"Really? Since when do we believe snakes"? Alaska stomped her foot against the carpeted floor, forgetting for a moment, that she had neighbors that resided below her "You've gotta be shitting me. First Dasha, now this bullshit? What did I do to deserve this"? Alaska plopped down on the bed with much brawn, Kat's belongings leaping in the air from the impact of it all. She was upset, it was clear. She had gotten so used to things going well, that after the incident with her trainer, she was barely able to lift herself off the ground, especially seeing as she kept it all inside for the sake of her partner. She wasn't sure she would be able to deal with any more pressure, be it a fight with a friend or a minuscule argument with her mom. She had an entire competition to worry about that was speeding towards her, alongside the usual demons that had made her thoughts their domain. 

As she laid still on the bed, her eyes glued to the ceiling, soft sighs of desperation escaping out of her mouth, she expected Kat to join her for a private solace conference, the way she usually did, for it had become a routine for Alaska to barge into Kat's room whenever she needed some support. Whether her friend knew it or not, she wasn't so bad at comforting others. Yet, as she waited, no words ever appeared, no sound of movement on the bed resounded across the silent room. Instead, Alaska lifted her head and watched Kat as she hastened around her room, continuing the routine she was so preoccupied with, not paying much attention to her friend.  

"When I come to think of it, she mentioned you too. What'd you do"? The brunette hoisted herself up and criss-crossed her feet, running her palms alongside the sheets. If Kat wasn't going to comfort her, she figured she'd at least talk to her about it, for she also felt curious, curious as to what Kat did that Jenn deemed wrong. Usually, she was the unproblematic one within the temperamental two that were Jenn and Alaska.

As she waited, Alaska let her thoughts roam away, before bringing her awareness back to the conversation, realizing she hadn't received a considered reply, as though Kat wasn't acknowledging of her existence. 

"Kat"? Alaska whispered hesitantly as she inclined her head forward, and at long last, earned the attention of her friend. 

"Right, me and Justin had a thing last year" Kat announced as she pursed her lips together, as though she contemplated the event for a moment, before averting her awareness as though her words were nothing but a plain utterance.