T w e n t y - F i v e

━━━━━

All Comes Down To This

━━━━━

"Y'all are so rich, I can't relate" The brunette shook her head to herself as her feet pointed to the grand entrance of an opulent mansion, one that soared over her ever so greatly, furnished with a lavish fountain, and illustrious greenery. It was easy for Alaska to forgot how wealthy the Davis family truly was, perhaps because Justin never felt the need to show that aspect of his life to her. Whenever they hung out together, he took her to the simplest of places, ones the riches wouldn't ever come to think of, all because he had memories there he didn't want to forget, and all he needed was a judgment-free soul that would wallow in the simplicity with him.

"I'm not sure I can do this, maybe we should-" The blond gestured his palm back to his car, the safe haven of which he could escape to from the task that seemed so dire.

"Oh come on, Davis" Alaska face palmed alongside a disheartened groan "All you need to do is go in, give her the gift, and leave. What's so challenging about that"?

"Maybe the fact I was rude to her ever since she joined the family"? Justin asked rhetorically, feeling guilty at the thought of his own actions "I'm not sure this is going to change anything" He gestured to the bag he held in hand.

"It might not change everything, but it's a start" The brunette smiled at her partner sweetly, unknowingly managing to settle down the overwhelming burden of emotions he felt weighing on his heart "This is a step you'll have to make no matter what. It's the first sign of letting go of your past and accepting your future".

"And when are you going to take yours"? Justin found himself subtly changing the subject, for moving on was a notion both souls struggled with. And though he knew his wound was much older than hers, and if it took him so long just to accept it, it surely would take her just the same, he found himself wondering what would be the answer, for after all, he had been all alone in the pain of losing his mother. It seemed as though he was stuck in the same spot for years, unable to gain the courage to change the way of things. Only after Alaska showed up, did the troubles within began speeding up, and he wondered if perhaps, it would be the same for her, if she too, would find inner peace faster.

"When it's time" Alaska momentarily looked down at her feet, thinking of when that day would come, and knowing she was far away from it "Look, you have me, alright? If you get nervous, just-uh-grab my hand, or something" The brunette suggested, unaware if Justin would ever decide to take up on her offer, part of her mind, wishing he would.

As opposed to what Alaska thought an affluent house would include, which no doubt was a magnificent hall accompanied by a lavish chandelier, what she surely didn't expect, were Justin's younger brothers, playing careless football right by the front door. She instinctively flinched when they knocked over the imposing vase resting on the table, but Justin didn't move a muscle, as though the brother's shenanigans were a sight he had long gotten used to.  

"Are you guys ever not breaking shit"? Justin uttered disappointingly as wandered deeper into the house, watching the scattered flowers in front of him with much dismay.  

"Hey, don't look at me. He's the guy who backed up into the lawn sculpture" One of them lifted the blame off of himself as he gifted his twin a look. Alaska couldn't tell the two apart, despite seeing them often. Only when the other responded to the shady remark, did order reach her mind.