T w e n t y - F o u r

━━━━━

Dawn Of The Furor

━━━━━

"First in the long! We pulled it off"! Justin declared delightfully as he rose from his seat, holding his palm out for his partner to slam in triumph as they exchanged in an exhilarated high five. 

"Yes"! Alaska cheered as she held her fist up, a ripple of joy spreading throughout her body, glimmering beyond her mannerisms. It felt good, to know that her previous mishap didn't hinder all the two had worked so hard for "We're not gonna die"! 

"You were great"! The blond praised his partner as he stared into her eyes, the soft wrinkles that encircled them stating of the happiness she felt within. 

"I know bitch, I was fucking amazing" Alaska stuck her tongue out teasingly, before sending her partner's shoulder a punch "But hey, you weren't so bad yourself". 

"I cannot wait to tell Dasha" Justin stated, causing Alaska to spare a look to their surroundings, for a moment forgetting, their coach wasn't with them to bask in the joy of victory. Dasha had to go into surgery while the pair competed. Not much information was provided, just the fact that it was related to her collapse the two had witnessed. She promised everything would be alright, but that of course, didn't stop either partners from conjuring the possibility of things going south. 

"I'm sure she'll be proud" Alaska murmured as she nudged Justin's shoulder with hers reassuringly, earning a grateful glance back. 

"The combined score moves them up to fourth place overall" The presenter's voice echoed through the building as the pair ambled through the hallway in silence, reveling in the wonders of the calm.

"Whoo-hoo-hoo! Congratulations, Alastin, or is it Jalaska? You know, even though it's not as good as Gleah, I think I like Jalaska better" Gabe, the dark haired skater they had gotten to know so well simply by their gazes of mutual distaste during their training sessions waved his hand around as he shared a look with Leah. 

"Yeah. I guess you got lucky" Leah smiled bitterly, earning a snort from Alaska, for it was clear to see the snake was unhappy with her and her partner's second placement in the long program "See you at Sectionals". 

"Watch your ass before it's caught on fire" Alaska narrowed her eyes as she sent the two her warmest farewell, undoubtedly earning a mutual eye roll from the duo.

"You know, they're definitely the type to whack your knee with a bat if they don't like you enough" Justin rested a palm over his mouth, holding back a laugh, as he watched the vexed pair stroll deeper into the arena.

"No, I'm the type to do that to you if you don't let me bite people back, Davis. That's the best part of skating, roasting other skaters" Alaska crossed her arms in an attempt to radiate seriousness as she stared up into her partner's eyes, earning an eye roll from him.

"Sure. Hey, what do you say we get out of here? We can visit Dasha, then go celebrate" Justin ran his palm through his hair, as though nervous to hear what the girl would say.

"I'd love to, but I'm not done here yet" She looked back at the arena longingly, where wonders happened, as did nightmares too.

"Let me guess, Jenn and Kat"? The blond tilted his head, assuming that if she were to stay there any longer, it would be for someone else, and perhaps, the thought of it didn't upset him as much.