Song of the Nabateans |F!Byleth x Daughter!Reader

Requested by @SakuraMayonaka

Your P.o.V

"Ma! Can I go outside!" I shouted as I looked out the rainy day outside from the window. "(Y/n), darling, it's raining and you know mother doesn't like you getting sick." My father, Prince Dimitri himself, entered my room, with his eye patch on and a candle in one hand and a book in another. "But I want to go out and play!" I whined as I stood on my knees on my bed.  Father Dimitri sat down on the edge of my bed and handed me a book.

Frozen Heat

By Annette Fantine Dominic

"Frozen Heat, by Annette Fantine Dominic." I read the book out loud. It had a, what looked like an archbishop, and a king, standing on a rocky mountain, a storm brewing and the sea pitch black, as it splashed on to the rocks. My eyes widened as I realised the king is Dimitri and the archbishop is Byleth. "T-That's you and Mother!" I exclaimed as I caressed both Mother and Father. "Yes, that is us." Dimitri said with a smiled. I looked at him, realising he was there. Footsteps was heard and my mother, Byleth, entered the room. She glanced at both Dimitri and I and then to the book. "Are you sure she's ready for this?" Mother Byleth asked as she sat down next to me. Dimitri nodded and sat on the other side. "I think it's time she should know about this." Dimitri said firmly. He turned to me. "Father? What are you telling me?" I asked, fear bubbling inside. "(Y/n), this books tells you the secrets to the past. What we were really like when we were young." Dimitri said as embraced me into a one sided hug. "What do you mean?" I asked. Dimitri looked at Byleth and she nodded. "Is this about a fairy tale? O-Or about goblins and living statues taking over the world? And unicorns!?" I asked as my eyes widened in hope for at least unicorns. "No, (Y/n). This book isn't about goblins, unicorns or living statues taking over the world. This is a true story." Dimitri said as he caressed my cheek. I pouted and shrunk down. He opened the book and opened his mouth to speak, "Long, long ago, 19 years ago,"
"That's a long time." I said, frowning, interrupting Father Dimitri's speaking
"(Y/n), do not interrupt Father." Byleth said as she stroked my hair. "Long, long ago, 19 years ago, there was a tragedy in the town of Duscr, where they would've killed everyone in the Kingdom," Dimitri read
"Duscr? Why would Duscr attack us?" I asked
"Questions for later (Y/n)," Byleth told me as she touched my nose
"Right," I replied
"My father, Glenn, Felix's brother and my mother, died, no, were destroyed right in front of my eyes. I kept on hearing their voices, asking why they had to die and I had to live. Why they didn't get they're revenge yet. Haha, I still hear those voices." Dimitri commented. My eyes widened. "Father." I whispered
"4 years later, I was a school, Garreg Mach Monastery." Dimitri added
"Isn't that where Mother works?" I asked and Byleth nodded
"Your mother, (Y/n), became a teacher while I was a student. I was certainly surprised that a young woman would be teaching a class that is close to her age. But suddenly, the students became attached to her, loving her every move and how she saved everyone from danger. Haha, Sylvain was such a flirter to her." Dimitri smiled
"Who's Sylvain?" I asked. Ignoring my question, Dimitri kept on going, "A lot happened in that year like, Flayn, who had special blood, got kidnapped, we were attacked by the same bandits, twice, Sylvain's brother, Miklan, stole a relic and died, Mother can hold the relic, Kronya, who was Monica, and Solon, who was Tomas, betrayed us and much, much more happened than that. And then, I found out that my step sister betrayed us all. She was the Flame Emperor. We had a battle but when we were about to defeat her, she sent more soldiers from her uncle, Lord Arendele, my uncle too. 5 years later, I was a dead man, walking, Mother trying to help me get out of my mind. I did, a few months later, after Lord Rodrigue, Felix's father, sacrificed himself for me. I changed a lot. I met a few people who I didn't want to kill, Mercedes found out that the Death Knight was her brother. She is still devastated to this day. After we defeated the Death Knight and Hubert, we defeated Edelgard, my step-sister and you auntie." Dimitri finished, his eye becoming sombre. He slouched down on where he sat. "Father... I-"
"(Y/n), you must find the past. Please. Find out why Edelgard actually wanted to attack the church." Dimitri interrupted
"But I thought it was because Rhea was being selfish." I said
"Now, (Y/n). You better be going to sleep. Good night, (Y/n)." Dimitri said as he left the room. "Father!" I cried. Tears swelled in my eyes as Mother Byleth wiped them away. "Mother, do you think Edelgard thought Rhea was being selfish? Or was it because of something else?" I asked as I turned to Mother Byleth. She sighed and looked down. "Only the Nabateans will know." Mother Byleth replied
"Naba- What now?" I asked, confused
"There is this song call the Song of the Nabateans. It holds all the answers to the past." Mother Byleth said
"Could you... Could you sing it? For me?" I asked, hopeful. Byleth smiled and leaned on the pillow behind her. "Come here. Scooch in, come close." Byleth said as she hugged me. I hugged her back, smiling up at her. "~In times glow,"
~See the glow~
~Of flames ever burning bright~
~On a swift~
~Rivers drift~
~Broken memories alight~

Mother Byleth sang. "Mother?" I spoke up. She hummed in response. "Why is the song so short?" I asked. She sighed before talking, "(Y/n), I feel like Archbishop Rhea hasn't told me the whole song. I feel like... There's more. The Nabateans probably know." Byleth replied
"That's why you need to know about the past." Byleth smiled as she tickled me. I giggled and squirmed in her grasp. "That tickles!" I squealed. Byleth shushed me. "It's night time, (Y/n)." Byleth whispered, her smile still visible. She kissed the top of my forehead. "Goodnight, (Y/n)." Byleth whispered as she patted my head. I slowly went to sleep in her arms, knowing that I'm safe and sound and that I could reach for her hand whenever I need too. Oh, I'd like to also sing to my children too.

A/N: Hello, readers! If anyone knows Frozen 2, you'd probably know this scene. It's the song called 'All is Found' scene plus the story scene too.