7) Socks and the Doors

"What sort of magic do you teach, Professor Quirrell?" Harry asked.

I forced myself to calm. So what he's got a face on the back of his head? That's probably a normal wizard thing. 1/4 of wizards have a face on the back of their face. Yeah. That's it.

"D-Defense Against the D-D-Dark Arts," Professor muttered, "N-Not that you n-need it, eh, P-P-Potter?" He laughed awkwardly. "You'll be g-getting all your equipment, I suppose? I've g-got to p-pick up a new b-book on vampires, m-myself." He looked horrified.

But vampires.

They're cool. Edward can suck my nuts though.

"Do vampires drink blood to get Vitamin D? Since they can't go into the sun? And why are they allergic to garlic, of all things? Did some witch curse them ages ago? And why a stake to the heart? A stake to the head should work too. And why can't they just go into doors without invitation? Are they all Canadian, and just too polite?"

Everyone looked at me like I was crazy, but Quirrell answered my questions anyways, "Y-yes to the f-first question. Th-they're not al-allergic to g-garlic. Th-they've got strong n-noses. G-garlic hurts th-their noses. A st-stake to the h-heart so the d-dirty blood doesn't fl-flow. They c-can't pass through d-doors b-because of a old l-legend. D-Dracula was the b-best of the best. N-never came cl-close to d-dying. B-but one day he w-went through a door u-uninvited. H-he died that n-night."

I nodded, and everyone just stared for a second before Harry said, "He has ADHD..."

Everyone laughed at that.

So funny.

Yes.

I'm laughing so hard.

Can you tell by my face. *Happy Kanye sounds* (Oh dear lord, I forgot I had put this in here before I started taking this a little more seriously. It's so bad that I can't delete it. Forgive me, readers.)

Hagrid eventually got us outside. There was just a trash can and a brick wall. It was great.

"Three up... two across..." Hagrid tapped the bricks on the wall with his umbrella. "Right. Stand back, boys."

The brick he touched began to jiggle. Then the other bricks jiggled. Then there was a small hole. Then the hole got bigger. Then there was an archway big enough for Hagrid to walk through.

"Welcome," Hagrid said, "to Diagon Alley."

Oh man I like this.

There were cauldrons. Brooms. Books. People. Candies. Spells. Everything. Everything any kid could ever want.

There was one building selling pets. I immediately turned my head towards it.

There were owls, cats, toads. And those were the normal ones.

There were dogs with two tails, fluffy pink balls, lions with goat heads. It was all awesome.

I saw one little cat. It had black fur and shining blue eyes. It had gray feet, like socks. The tip of its tail was also gray.

The owner grabbed the cat and walked out of the store, looking annoyed, "This stupid cat won't sell! Does anyone want it! You can have him for free!"'

The man looked at me and tossed the cat at me, "There kid. He's yours now."

The cats big blue eyes stared up at me.

Hagrid chuckled, "Seems like yer already got yerself a pet!"

I smiled and the cat climbed up my shoulder. He sat there and purred, rubbing against my hair.

While Hagrid and Harry talked, I turned to the cat, "You like the name Socks? Cause you've got little socks on your feet."