Mother's Day Special

Sally Jackson loved her son more than anything.

Sally had never wanted children. She'd grown up without her parents, and worried she'd raise them badly. Like how she was raised.

When she found out she was pregnant, Sally wasn't as devastated as she thought she'd be. She knew Poseidon wouldn't be around for him, and that they wouldn't have much, but they would have each other.

On August eighteenth, Perseus Allen Jackson was born.

The circumstances of a demigod's birth is a little different than that of a normal birth, and Sally knew she wouldn't be able to have one at a hospital. Poseidon had told her that before he left.

So Sally found herself alone, in a small cabin on Montauk Beach, filled with labor pains and ready to give birth.

Sally prayed to Artemis, staring out of the window and at the yellow moon above.

Artemis immediately knew the child was one of Poseidon's.

When a twelve-year old goddess appeared beside her, Sally couldn't help but be worried. However, she was surprised when her pain washed away like waves on the sea.

Artemis stared down at her for a moment, then said, "They'll be able to smell someone as powerful as him."

Sally stared for a moment, confusion clear on her face. She had read the goddess's lips, and wondered why she and her baby weren't being killed on the spot.

Artemis seemed to read her mind, "I would never kill a maiden or a child."

The baby was born without any further words between the two.

Artemis wrapped a blue blanket around the child, her face emotionless. "It is a boy."

Sally nodded, smiling tiredly when she was handed her baby. While most baby's cry when they are born, demigods don't. They're just as squashed and tiny as normal babies, but with a few key differences.

Tanned skin and curly black hair peeled out at her. There was already a smile on his face, and when Sally saw his startling sea-green eyes, she knew she loved him. She adored him.

She brushed the hair away from his face, wrapped around his finger already. Sally knew she would do everything she could to give her son a happy life. A good life.

"What is his name?" Artemis asked, staring down at the boy.

Sally thought for a moment, then said, "Perseus Allen Jackson."

Artemis nodded, "I hope to see him do great things."

She flashed away, and Sally was left alone with her son. Her pride and joy. Her everything.

Sally had never wanted to be a mother, but at that moment, she knew she would forever be happy to be one.

Happy Mother's Day! I hope you all have a good time and whatever. I also hope you like the extra chapter thing. I dunno.

I'll see you all on Friday.