37) Four Again

For the next two days, I avoided Ron and Harry. Everyone else avoided them.

The teachers were surprised when the entirety of Gryffindor sat at Hufflepuff table. Save for Ron and Harry. When they tried to join us, everyone shouted at them to go away.

To add insult to injury, some of my Slytherin friends joined Hufflepuff too. For once, Gryffindor and Slytherin were happy to work together. To keep Ron and Harry away.

I was a little overwhelmed. I didn't think that the entirety of the school would band together. I also didn't think that Draco would beat the crap out of Ron. But he did.

I found myself wandering the castle alone, even with all of the support people gave me.

The three of us were called to the front of the Great Hall one dinner period.

"I couldn't help but notice that the entirety of the school is mad at you two. Something you said to Percy, I've heard," Dumbledore stared down at us through his half-moon spectacles.

And I was surprised to see Harry looking ashamed. Ron still looked annoyed, "Everything we said was true."

The Great Hall was silent as Harry said, "No it wasn't. Not at all."

Harry looked at me, his sad eyes avoiding mine, "I... I was wrong. None of that is true. Not at all. I... I'm jealous of you. It started with Gringotts, when you told me you were prophetic or whatever. Then you're really good in all of your classes. And then there was the quidditch match. You were amazing. I even knew about that play, and I wasn't able to stop you. I should've been. You've got all these amazing qualities.... and I don't. Yet the entire school seems to think that I'm going to be some amazing thing for defeating Voldemort when I can't even remember what happened. They used to think that, anyways. If anyone is going to defeat an evil wizard, it's you. And I was mad. I think the attention got to my head. I can't take back the things I said, but maybe I can say better things? You're smart. You're funny. You're talented. You light up everything around you, even when the world is trying to darken everything. You're going to do great things. And I want to be able to see you do those great things. So I'm sorry for the things I said. But we were best friends once. And Id give up all of this... all of the magic, Hogwarts, everything, just to be able to go back to that time. I'm sorry, Perce. I really am."

I blinked at Harry in surprise. He stared at me with nervous eyes for a moment, then he looked down at his shoes.

Then I tackled him with a hug.

When I did that, Dumbledore smiled. Ron groaned, "Why, Harry? Why be friends with him?"

Harry look at Ron over my shoulder and said, "He's an amazing person. I'm not sure I can say the same about you."

Ron scowled and Hermione suddenly stood up, "You know you're not perfect, right?"

Ron's eyes widened and he looked at Hermione, confused, "Yeah, I know."

"So why do you think you're better than Percy? You suddenly seem to think that you're better than him, just because he made a smart play in a quidditch game?"

Ron scowled again, "He's already the happiest person alive. He didn't see anything in the mirror, Hermione! There's no other explanation. If he's so happy, then why would he even want to be friends with us?!"

The Great Hall was silent.

"I see," Dumbledore said quietly. Still everyone could hear what he said next, "That mirror shows the hearts deepest desires. The happiest man alive would see nothing. But Percy didn't see anything. Because he's that unhappy. With himself. He thinks he deserves all of the horrible things that happen. The happiest person on earth and the saddest people see the same things. Neither think they should change."

I immediately looked down. I knew almost everyone else would have been confused, but they still would be able to infer.

Ron's eyes widened immediately, "Oh..." then he looked at me with sad eyes, "Dude.... you do deserve some of the stuff.... but only the good things. You're really cool, you know? You... you don't deserve me. You deserve better. I'm sorry."

Then Ron rushed out of the great hall.

Suddenly, Harry, Hermione, and I were all running out of the Great Hall behind him.

I put my hand on the wall, feeling Hogwarts guide me. Hermione followed suit, surprising Harry. We turned and turned, following Ron's haphazard path.

We eventually found him sitting on the ground with his head in his hands.

I went and sat down beside him, "You're wrong."

Ron's head shot up. He apparently hadn't noticed me sitting beside him. Harry and Hermione stood off to the side.

"You're wrong," I repeated. "It's me who doesn't deserve you. You are really sweet, even if you say mean things. You're awesome. I like you just fine. We don't deserve each other I guess. But that's what friends are for, right? We love each other even though the other person isn't perfect. Do you know what a fatal flaw is?"

Ron nodded, "Yeah..."

"Mine is loyalty. Once I'm loyal to someone, that bond is almost impossible to sever. I'd sacrifice the world to save a friend. And a few words you said when you were mad wont sever that bond. It doesn't even come close. If I hadn't cared about you or what you said, I wouldn't have ran off crying. You're important to me. And I hope that I'll be important to you too. Friends?"

I turned to Ron, looking a little nervous.

He smiled brightly, wrapping me in a hug, "Friends with a Greek baby! Best thing ever!"

Suddenly Hermione and I both shouted, "You know?"

Ron nodded, and he spoke in Greek, "Of course! My mom was blessed by Hestia. My sister should go to camp next year."

Harry looked very confused while the rest of us all smiled brightly.

I looked at Ron, and in Greek, "I'm a son of Poseidon. Don't say anything about it, please."

Ron's smile dropped, and in English, "Yeah, definitely not telling. If they find out, they might kill you."

Harry looked a little panicked and I smiled, "Well that's a normal day in my life! Wanna go to my room? I don't share with anyone."

I looked at all of my friends, and they all nodded, though Harry looked thoroughly confused.

While we were walking towards Hufflepuff I said, "Just don't get mad at me when I beat Gryffindor's butt next time, okay?"

Have you ever read a book and then wanted to read it again later but forgotten the name? That has happened to me. I've been trying to figure it out for forever, and it's on Wattpad, but I still can't find it, and it's just getting irritating at this point. I do not enjoy unfindable books.

I hope all of you find your books. Next post is on Sunday.