002

"TWO years..." Anne starts.

"I know..." She comments.

The two ladies are having their coffee just outside of the office right after Starr was excused from her work, catching up with the top most important woman of the most important man of Vee's life.

"What is it? Starr? Or Vesper?" Anne asks, confused as to why she's being called with a new name.

"Starr del Luna is my pen name. Cosima suggested the idea of using pen names since it's helpful for her to remember her writers." She explains. "They call me by my middle name here."

"Why?"

A simple three lettered word question but millions of words and thoughts that can be answers to it.

"Why the big change? Not that it doesn't look good on ya, it does!" Anne word vomits, making Starr giggle. "But it s'somethin'."

She sighs before explaining. "A lot has happened since I last saw you. It all started when I went back to the Philippines. I went back to school and all but things weren't idealistic ever since."

Starr hesitates to continue that Anne took notice of. Anne holds her hand as a sign of comfort for her to proceed.

"I shouldn't be saying this to you." She darkly chuckles to stop her tears from falling down.

"M'like your mother, right?" She reassures.

She nods slowly then spoke. "My dad was bailed out of prison. We don't know who did it but since he found out I was back, he's been trying his hardest to get me back. My mom was involved in a car crash..."

"How s'she?" Anne abruptly cuts.

"She's fine. She's out of the hospital bed, now standing and very well. But it was said that it was no accident and my dad was one of the suspects of removing of the breaks of her car so he's on the hunt. But my step dad didn't want to risk any chances so he sent me out of the country again. I could go back to Cali with my mother's older sister but I might be easily tracked there. So, I'm here in my dream; Verona, Italy. My mother's younger sister helped me find a place to stay, have a few jobs and this is one of them."

She explains as she throws her hands around.

"That also explains my dramatic change. From black to red hair, this 'phases of the moon' tattoo on my left forearm and somewhere on my body too to my identity."

She glances between Anne who continuously nods as she listens and on her hands that are laid on her lap.

"Also, I know he is still around there so I can't go back." She adds. "Still don't know how to face him..."

She giggles awkwardly but Anne didn't see any humor in that but saw pity. "Y'know me bein' here with ya s'a sign, right? That ya might bump into each other again soon?"

She sighs after taking a sip from her coffee. She takes a glimpse of Anne's coffee.

Black, just like his.

"That's what I was thinking when I saw you and when I almost saw him again."

She smiles kindly. "What else?"

"I'm not sure I'm ready yet, Anne." She almost cracks her voice, peeparing to cry but Anne brings her hand to her cheek and caresses it. "Sorry... Mrs. Twist."

"No, Vee, s'alright. S'not like we're strangers t'each other." She reassures. "I still can call ya Vee, right?"

She nods, responding as Anne removes her hand from her face and holds her hand instead.

"I know someone who would freak out if he hears me when I call ya your name."

They both laugh at the said joke. When the laughter died, she asks. "Has he been home lately?"

"He comes home at 'is free time, as usual." She shrugs as she nods at the same time avoids eye contact by looking down. Anne tries to catch her attention by saying, "He hasn't stop talkin' 'bout ya."

Which Anne succeeded. She looks up, eyes weren't wide but still being seen a surprised look on it.

"Everythin' he does, everythin' he says, he always mentions ya." She adds. "Like when we were gardening, he said to me roses that they needed company and that I should plant daisies. When I ask why, he said it was your favorite flower and s'simply beautiful just like ya."

"I thought he hates me." Starr's eyes are beginning to water yet again.

She shakes her head in contrast. "He always talks about the girl who he loves to 'is godchildren, nieces and nephews. Praising ya like you're a goddess. He hadn't wore off 'is moon necklace. Also, while he s'with us, he would come out at night just t'stare up at the stars."

"I'm going to cry..." She jokes and giggles to prevent the tears from her eyes to fall down.

Anne warmly smiles. "We all knew, him, me, Gemma and the rest of his friends, that there s'no way that he wanna get over ya."

She sniffs and bluntly wipes her tears away then changes the topic. "How's Gemma?"

"Still lovely and savage, that daughter of mine is." She answers that made her laugh lightly. "I could invite 'er over here, y'know?"

"B-but---"

"Harry wouldn't hear a word. She and I, we just miss ya. Ya know how much we adore ya." She cooes. "No pun intended."

She giggles, knowing what she's talking about is his song. "He wouldn't know?"

Anne shakes her head. "M'assuring ya."

"Uhh, sure."

"Yay!" Anne cheers lightly, making Starr giggle.

"I think my break's over."

"Oh, sure. I'll contact ya as soon as possible, yeah?" She says as Starr writes her international cell on a piece of tissue paper and hands it to his mom. "Go back to work, love."

The nickname with the accent but not as thick, deep and raspy as his.

She smiles and pushes the thought away as she stands up. "Thank you. It was great seeing you again, Anne."

Anne also stands up and steps a little closer to her. She hugs her tightly. "You'll be careful, yeah?"

She nods and Anne kisses her hair then they pull away. It was unexpected to see her, let alone explain what happened to her to the mother of the love of her life and she was glad it was her than anyone else.