Prologue

Nova always liked eating cereals with marshmallows in them.

"Explain the plan again?" I asked for what seemed like the hundredth time today.

With a heated glance and irritated huff from Nova, she reluctantly repeated herself.

"You have a job working for a movie as an assistant. Even if you're not his assistant at least you'll still be in the same space. Get him to like you and figure out what this new drug his family is making."

"What if I get caught?"

"You won't."

Her voice was steady and I heard no hints of wavering in it. I felt a sense of sturdiness from her confidence in my part in the mission.

"One screw up and you're already dead." The moment was ruined.

"Are we going by our aliases?"

When we were kids we played a game called Undercover Spy where we would find a random person and get as many secrets out of them as possible. I was Sierra Vol and Nova was Riley Dunkin.

I loved acting.

We also would manage to steal little valuables that belonged to them.

Whoever had gotten the most secrets, or valuables, would win.

"This is not a movie. You better hope that he doesn't question who you are."

Nova tossed her empty bowl into the sink and pulled out a newspaper that I knew much too well of.

The headline read:
Construction worker charged with alleged rape accusations of college teen

I cringed at the words even though I've read them many times before.

"Don't forget what he did to your father. No pity is to be shown to this beast for what he has done. Vince Carter has to pay."

"Vince Carter has to pay," I repeated remembering clearly why this mission had to end in justice.

Vincenzo Carter Passaretti.

I've heard his last name more than I've heard my father ask me how my day at school was. His last name was tattooed on my brain and now serves as a permanent scar on my family.

While my dad is rotting in jail with a head full of smoke, Vincent continues to walk free as if he is an innocent man.

Well that he isn't.

His family stole away my childhood and I am determined to take away someone that they loved.

Nova's mother undertook the same fate as my own father. They were both victims of the drugs produced by the Passaretti's.

I have to remember that I'm not on this mission for just me. Nova's story deserved to be defended also.

He can't be saved by his family's money forever. It's only a matter of time. The bitch won't even see me coming.

"No more. Let's do this."