12. I Can't Breathe.

Why didn't he drag me out of his house after I yelled at him? I was still surprised that he told me about his father.

When I got home late last night Nova was up and waiting for me to spill all that I had learned. I told her everything from his maid throwing a glass of water on him to the rose tattoos on his right arm.

Even after she asked if I had anymore info on him I still keep two little details to myself.

Information on his father and my assumptions of his dad.

The things he said about his dad treating him and his siblings as slaves hit home for me. And if I were him I would want that information to stay in confidence. I'm not him. I'm not going to exploit him for fun. This is revenge.

I ran over the thought in my mind that Vincent's father may have been the cause of his stab wound.

"Is this right?" Claire asked.

We were in her backyard that had a long cement walkway. Her rental house was gorgeous, and the simple fact that it wasn't a mansion made me not feel overwhelmed. Claire lives in Los Angeles, but she had to rent a home in New York to be closer to the set for the movie.

I'd almost forgot about I agreed to teaching Claire how to skateboard. I had even came earlier. In the meantime I had to figure out what Vincent's deal was.

"You're doing great. Just remember to relax and stay confident."

"I won't have a problem with being something that I already am."

Except you looked scared out of your mind at the sight of Vincent at Kiana's party.

At the party he threatened Claire and then later on he cooked me a vegan burger. Nova was right about something being off about Vincent and I think it's more than being bipolar as hell.

My hand never left Claire's waist as I helped her keep her balance on the thin piece of wood on wheels. As I was pushing her down the walkway, she would always wince when I caught her if she almost fell.

Not once had Vincent been brought up.

We'd been going about this for a little bit over an hour and Claire had finally called it quits.

"I didn't realize that would be so-"

"Difficult?"

Se squinted her eyes at me and shook her head.

"Fun."

I guess even celebrities don't get a chance to relax and live their lives. Especially if they were in Claire's shoes. She's been acting practically since she came out of the womb.

When Claire reaches up to stretch her arms her hoodie had risen up to expose her stomach. The fair skin had a few little red and purple circles that were big enough for the eye to see.

It reminded me of the bruises that would be on my arm after getting the flu shot. They look so similar.

I looked away before she noticed my curiosity in the marks on her body. My fear rose when I saw more bruises on her neck as she put her golden hair into a ponytail.

"Would you like anything to drink? I have alcohol!"

It had to be 11 in the morning.

"A water would be fine."

The only ride I had home was my skateboard so drinking and boarding does not sound ideal.