1

*Harry nor JJ will have girlfriends in this story.*

Hailey Brodeur rolled out of her bed at the sound of her alarm. It was 7:00 meaning it was time for the gym. She was an editor for a myriad UK youtubers, meaning she worked weird hours, so the morning was her only time off really.

She threw on a sports bra, some leggings, and put a zip up hoodie on over top. It was November, so it was quite chilly in London. She tied in her adidas trainers. Before leaving her flat, she grabbed her pre made protein shake, which she made the night before, her keys, a water bottle, and her inhaler.

Hailey's walk to the gym had always been her favorite part. London at 7:15 in the morning was much more peaceful then it was any other time of day. The gym was not too far from her complex, but the music blasting through her AirPods made it seem quicker than usual.

   When opening the door to her gym she was greeted by the man the front desk. She signed her name and then went into the locker room to put down her things. She sat on the floor stretching out as she looked at the people there. She's seen everyone before. Coming at 7:30 every morning for a year you tend to see the same people everyday. She saw Carly, a women who had a baby and had trouble losing the weight, Jerry, an older man who uses the treadmill everyday, Cynthia, an older women who had been diagnosed with type two diabetes and wanted to better her health. There were a couple more people, whom she did not know the name of.

   There was one other person at the gym, he seemed to have started around a year ago when she did. She noticed his weight loss and how good he looks now. The two had never had the chance to meet. She always wanted to go up and say hello, but never wanted to be a bother.

   Ethan; that was the man's name. Of course he had noticed Hailey, how could you not. Her hair was shorter than most girls, a little above the shoulders in a bob style, it was a beautiful brunette color, she had piercing beautiful blue eyes, and her body was fantastic. He also knew who she was. She edits for many of his friends like Will, Chip, Chris, and the Cals. He was always too afraid to say hello, as he was scared of the rejection.

   Ethan stood in the mirror trying to take a picture for his Instagram story. He was trying to get more coin from gym shark. Hailey, who had moved to the elliptical, stifled a laugh as she saw him flexing him different ways. He looked up from the mirror and saw her giggling. He then put down his phone and started flexing his muscles in exaggerated ways to make her laugh more. Her joyous giggles filled his insides with bubbles. She had adorable dimples that showed in every facial expression.

    Hailey shook her head as she continued to laugh at the man. She sighed as she finally got the confidence to say, "Hailey." The man looked up from his posing, he seemed surprised and said, "Ethan, Ethan Payne." His smile made her insides fill with bubbles. She hoped off the elliptical and walked towards him. She held out her hand for him to shake. Ethan laughed at how proper she was and shook it back. His laugh made Hailey smile. It was so contagious. She wished she could hear that laugh all day long.

   Her phone suddenly rang and she held her finger up to Ethan as she pressed answer call.

   "Bonjour maman!" She said cheerfully. Ethan was taken back when he heard the fluent french come from her mouth. "Oui, oui je sais." She laughed at her mother, "J'ai à aller, salut!" She ended the phone call. Ethan's mouth gaped, "you speak French?" He asked. Hailey smiled. She proceeded to tell him how she was born in Normandy, but her dad got a job offer from a production company in London, so her family moved to England during year 4.

   Ethan watched every inch of her face as she spoke. He was longing to hear more from her. He thought her slight French accent was adorable and could not get enough. Ethans phone went off, Harry had texted him asking where his was as filming was going to start soon. "Shit." He muttered. The girl looked at him with a questioning looked. "I'm just late for something, sorry." Hailey smiled and took his phone from his hands. She entered in her number and then smiled at him.

    "Well Ethan you should probably go to that thing you're late for. I'll see you tomorrow at 7:30 okay? Or if you find the courage maybe I'll see you tonight." She laughed at the end. Ethan smiled and his face turned even more red than usual, "bye then Hailey."

   The two left the gym, both feeling something strange. It felt as if they were a can of seltzer being shaken. There were so many bubbles.