fifty - nine

Ringing...

Ringing...

"hello el,"

"and to what do i owe the pleasure of you answering tonight of all nights?"

"it's been a particularly decent night and i'm just outside now on the grass, under this decent night and you called so i figured answering was the thing and only thing to do."

"that's a pretty run on sentence."

she chuckled, "what're you doing?"

"calculus homework."

"i don't believe in calculus or math."

"define not believing in math."

"i don't believe that numbers rule our lives. like you said, the number on the weighing scale does not define if i am beautiful or not. the number of how many years i've been living does not define my maturity. the number of how old i will get will not define what i should and should not do anymore. the number of my test scores does not define if i am smart, just my wisdom for not studying. the numbers do not define me."

"that's some pretty interesting and truthful philosophy. but i'd say you don't encourage numbers rather than believing in them because whether or not you like numbers, they exist. just like the evil in this world."

"i suppose i'll have to accept that."

he sighed, "i like these kinds of chats. just about what we think about life and all."

"me too."

there's a long pause and just a whole lot of silent breathing from both ends.

"north?"

"yeah?"

"we can't meet."

"what?"

"we can't meet, i'm sorry."