sixty one

she stirs out of her sleep and blinks awake, finding herself tucked into bed.

"what—where—"

"shh, you need rest."

"kale?" she stares up at him with amazement. "what am i doing in your room?"

"i found you in the bathroom. sleeping—well more of unconscious than sleeping—next to the toilet full of what i assume was your vomit."

"oh," she sat up which immediately began making her head spin. "i was just feeling sick from the food we ate at dinner last night."

he contemplates this.

"north."

"what?"

"are you pregnant?"

she choked, "what?!"

"is that why you're vomiting? because i swear to god, i can kill the bastard who knocked you up. of course after that, we're gonna have to figure out how to raise the baby because i will not hear any talk about abortion. and then after settling that, we can talk about naming it."

"hey i'm not—"

"i could be an uncle and if you're down, the godfather too. oh man that sounds cool, makes me sound like al pacino!"

"kale! i'm not knocked up, alright? i'm just fucked up."

he paused from all his rambling. "you're going to have to explain because both of those ups sound very much alike."

she sighed frustratedly, "fucked up in the mind, kale. in the mind."

"ohh... welcome to the club."

she slid off the bed to leave, "i'm going to my room,"

before she stepped out however, kale's voice spoke again. "north wait,"

she stopped, "yeah?"

"we didn't eat any dinner last night, remember...?" he bit his lip, "are you sure you're okay?"

she smiled before glancing away. "as okay as i can ever be."