Chapter 1: Fraught With Anger

P R E V I O U S L Y O N S P L I N T E R I N G S O U L S

❝VALENTINE IS GOING TO KILL HER...

-

IT WAS THE AFTERMATH. She was drowning in a pool of her own blood, her severed foot hung from flesh on ankle, the other foot a few steps away. He was cruel, he hadn't slit her neck fully, blood was gushing out of the semi-cut on her throat and him?

He was hovering over her, cleaver in hand, his form shrouded in darkness. He was watching her, head tilted, stare unwavering - as if she compelled him to look at her.

I tried to squint, to see him, to know him so I could find him but there was no detail I could make out, every thing apart from her body was a blurry mess swallowed by darkness.

My own morbid fascination drew me closer to her, to her face. I had to, I had to confirm. My heart shook the confines of my ribs when I caught a glimpse of her, it was her, the same rich brown skin, the same dark hair that was a halo around her head but her eyes had lost all colour, they were dim.

She was gone. Jeevika was gone.

I was too drawn to her face that I didn't notice him move, not until he stood inches away from me tasting my breath, I flinched but his hand was clad around my neck. All I could see was his eyes - an olive green conundrum, a piece of the puzzle.

He spoke with a sneer, his words lashed me, they dug into my chest and burrowed themselves into my very core. "This, "He paused, "This is your fault."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Leora? Come on... wake up!" My eyes snapped open, I could hear my heart beating in my ears. Farah was staring at me with teary eyes, she was trembling.

I frowned, I was lying down on my side with a pillow under my head. She held the sides of my arm as I sat up, the large red sign behind her that read 'Health Centre' caught my eye. The dream lingered.

I winced when a sharp pain hammered into my skull. "Ugh, what happened? Why am I in the health centre?"I asked, rubbing my head.

"Can you tell me your full name and surname?"She asked, disregarding my question.

I frowned. "Why would I -"

"Just - please. Humour me. "

I sighed. "Leora Niamh Simmons, now can you stop looking at me like I shitted diamonds?"