Chapter 5: Quartovois

NB: Flip phone upside down for location text.

S┴NƎW┴ɹ∀Ԁ∀ pOOM⅄Ǝɹפ

S┴NƎW┴ɹ∀Ԁ∀ pOOM⅄Ǝɹפ

-

OBSIDIAN. It whispered dread, ink spilled into the room shrouding it in darkness. I had to squint to watch his silhouette form in the room, the sound of my own heartbeat flooded my ears. Whispers surrounded me, they enveloped me, I could hear voices all around me as he trudged towards me, the heavy axe screeched as he dragged it around the ground.

In an instant, Farah stepped in his line of motion. She shouted words I could not understand and light poured into the room, I gasped. The ceiling, the walls, every counter top, every surface and the flooded were covered in blood. Splat, tap, tap, the sound of my hands slapping on the pool of blood sounded as I panicked on the ground.

Farah let out a yell and as if being pulled back by an invisible string, Valentine began struggling, moving in one place.

“Wonder how long that's gonna hold, ”Jeevika commented, she stood on her feet, she staggered and leaned back onto the bleeding wall for support.

“What have you done?”Farah demanded, voice thick with emotion. “You stupid, stupid child. What have you done?”

I was struggling for breath, scrambling for anything to hold on to, I was falling deeper and deeper into the depths of my own mind.

“You're one to judge, was keeping her in the dark your idea or did you enjoy the leisure of being somebody else's puppet?”Jeevika spat.

Farah groaned as Valentine pushed further, albeit small, he was taking steps, the invisible strings were not enough. “I chose to keep her safe, not to make her visible to every single bastard, monster and demon in this city, especially him, trust me I was very active in deciding that. ”

It didn't take a genius to guess that by 'she' and 'her' they were referring to me. I was clearly too ignorant to be addressed directly.

Farah's words were foreign to me, she was foreign to me. Her ginger curls rose as red veins began appearing on fingertips and crawling up her spread out hands, she began clenching her hands.

“While how many people died in her place? Because of her ignorance?”Jeevika scoffed. “Neither of us are leaving this room. I won't let anyone else die to protect her, never again. Rather her than them. Look at her, she can't even stand right now. What's there to protect?”