c h a p t e r, f o u r.

I had seen the bracelet a week ago, it was under the couch and completely forgotten. When I brought it out from under there I immediately knew it was his. I remembered it as the one he never took off, I expected him to come back for it but I assumed I'd know he was looking for it. That way I could give it to him as though I never took it in the first place.

Him finding it on me was never supposed to happen and that dumb lie I told? It was stupid I know he knows that I knew it was his the moment 'April's mom gave it to me'.

I don't even know why I put it on, or maybe I do and I'm just denying the truth.

I groan as I put my head on the counter, that was my dumbest and weakest moment yet. Picking my head up, I move on with making my cereal. I sit on one of the three stools and eat my cereal whilst I watched a YouTube video.

April joined me a little later mixing up her granola and yogurt before sitting beside me and watching too. Once the video ended I asked her if she wanted to talk about any of it and she shook her head.

"I've been out of it for a while, y'know? I guess he was too, I was just surprised he stuck around. I don't hate him or anything, suppose I'm just mad at myself." She shrug.

I knew April cared about Aaron deeply, she hadn't been in a serious relationship for a while before him. I also know what kind of man and what kind of lover Aaron is, he was good to her. Even towards the end, the both still cared about one another I just knew that April was holding back because of her mom.

She wanted her mom to be happy, she was always so selfless. Always giving, I couldn't add to that. Take advantage of that, I stayed away from him when he was her boyfriend and I'd make sure to keep the same energy now.

She set her bowl in the sink before turning around with a beaming smile, "Well," she clapped her hands, "Suppose it's time to get under someone." She winked and I couldn't help but laugh at her enthusiasm.

"My vagina must think I'm dead."

I left April's place around three and when I arrived at my apartment building I found Aaron seated on the chairs by the entrance. I scrunch up my brows but continue walking assuming he couldn't possibly be here to see me. Besides, how does he even know I live here? Why would my dwelling place come up in a conversation with April.

Just as I was about to pass Greg the other security man he says, "That man is waiting for you, Ms. Jones," I whirl around genuinely shocked, "He's been waiting a while."

I smile at him, "Thanks, Greg." I place my hand on my hip, "Well?" I call out to him, "Let's go." I nudge my head towards the elevators and he gets the point.

I hadn't spoken many words to Aaron, let alone actually be left alone with him. We were practically strangers to anyone who didn't know. He follows me into the elevator and the ride is silent, he continues to trail after me and I can't help but feel like it was so awkward.

"Okay, Aaron why are you even here? You're so damn quiet I feel like you're here to kill me." Mrs. Thompson was roaming the halls and happened to hear me say that.

She eyed him suspiciously before she held up her hand as a phone, asking if she should call the cops. I laughed lightly, "No, no Mrs. Thompson." I say as I shake my head.

Aaron turns his head to look at the lady just as she holds up her thumb. I touch my heart, signalling 'thank you' and she smiles before disappearing around the corner.

I lead Aaron inside my apartment and sit on the couch, he sits on the other end. I slip off my shoes before sitting crisscross, placing my elbow on my knee and my head in my palm.

"Why didn't you give April the bracelet back?"

I roll my eyes, "I was planning to return it, okay."

His eyes narrow, "So you knew it was mine?"

I deadpan, "Of course I did, is this why you're here? About your fucking bracelet?" My back is straight now, my hands in my lap.

He brings up his one leg, it now shaped like a triangle on my couch, the shoe still not on the couch.

"No," He runs his hands through his hair but the curls are so tight his fingers momentarily get stuck before they continue to glide through the softness.

An audible whisper escapes my lips, "Then why?"

Was he finally going to explain why he left me that night? His green eyes swirl and I can almost see the conflict brewing beneath them. He shifts closer to me, his one knee touching mine now. My chest starts to move fast, my breathing becoming faulty.

I can smell his cologne and while I can't name it, I want to bathe in it.

"I still think about you." His voice is low and throaty his eyes on my lips. His hand moves to my face, his fingers under my chin as his thumb swipes my bottom lip before pulling it down gently.

I can feel my core start to heat up, I can feel the moisture start to form.

His thumb moved to my top lip just as he bites his bottom, "Still think about these lips," His other hand slides down my back and sits on the small of my back, "This ass," he moves the hand to my front.

His fingers play with the band on my Lounge underwear and he shuts his eyes, "Being in there." I can hear his lust, I can feel it wrapped around me. I can see his fight for restraint. Oh my god, I'm about to lose mine.

My panty is wet, it's soaked. Swimming in my deep desire for him to take me right here on this couch.

I'm struggling to breath, to speak, to clear my mind. I need him away from me but all I can manage is a weak hand to his chest. It doesn't even push, it just lingers there on his toned chest.

He grabs my wrist, removing my hand from his chest and pulling me forward. My forehead lands gently on his chest as his hands help my knees open up for him. I'm basically straddling him now and instead of moving back I move forward, needing to feel his erection.

And I do.

His hard and I move my wet centre right on his track suited tip. His sucks in a breath feeling my wetness, I should be embarrassed but I'm not. My arms circle around him as his circle around me.

"I'm not going to touch you in any kind of way unless you want me to, Zoe. I can't promise I'll keep my hands to myself but I can promise I won't do it if you say no. Anytime you want me to stop, just say no."

PLEASE  V O T E