c h a p t e r, n i n e.

Finally found the perfect girl for Zoey. There she is above. 😍

The silence is put to an end when my infamous iPhone ringtone slices through the peace. I blink my eyes open before I reach for my phone but come up empty. I push myself up onto my elbows as I search for it, finding only my bag.

I dig into it and pull out the device, "Hello?"

"Oh my god, I thought I was going to go to voicemail and that would've freaked me the fuck out." I hear April speed through, "Zoey Jones, did I not ask you to call me when you get home?"

I pull a face knowing that she did ask me to and I agreed thinking nothing of it but then Aaron had to be here and then...

"I'm so sorry, I got home alright."

She clicks her tongue, "Blah blah, I know that now because Aaron is here and said he dropped you off just fine. You're lucky he said you just passed out as soon as you got out the bath."

The bath? I don't even remember taking that bath, to be honest. I don't remember Aaron leaving either, jeez I'm such a damn weakling. I probably did fall asleep straight after then.

"Anyway, can you please please come up here later."

I laughed, "April, you realise I work and all now, right? Summoning me at every turn doesn't work anymore."

"You work from home anyway, you're practically your own boss. Please, Zoey."

I roll my eyes, "Yeah fine, I'll come. Better not be to clean up though."

She laughs, "My mom's place dummy, not Asher's."

I agree to go see her and when I finally raise my head I feel the room spin, "Oh god," I mutter.

How much had I drank? Why did I even drink when I know how much of a weakling I am. Especially when it comes to champagne, that stuff gets me turnt extremely fast.

What's even worse is I go through this phase whereby I no longer know that I'm smashed. I hear stories the following day and I know I've experienced drunk amnesia.

I hope all that happened was Aaron taking me home, maybe that's why I don't really remember him leaving. Perhaps because he didn't make it up, huh, doesn't seem like him to just drop me off and let me see the rest for myself.

Daryl could've helped me up though. Well, I suppose I'd have ask Aaron myself. Doubt anything happened though.

I do as much work as I can before heading into the shower and freshening up, once dressed and ready I grab my keys and leave. Making my way to April's house only when I'm a block away do I remember she said I should go to her mother's house.

I roll my eyes at my stupidity before making a u-turn and heading the other direction and to the other side of town. When I park in the roundabout drive way, I lock the car for whatever reason and head into the house.

"April!" I sing as I make it into the entryway which has two spiral staircases on each side, the the kitchen entrance behind the right spiral and the living room to my right.

To my left is the extra large dining room where I had the pleasure of re-meeting Aaron Wells. Behind the left staircase is the entry for the guest bathroom, one guest room with its own bathroom and the theatre room. The remaining rooms and bathrooms up stairs.

"In the kitchen, sweetheart!" She calls out in the distance when I make it to the entryway of the kitchen she smiles, "My favourite human!"

I laugh a little as I sit on one of the stools, "So to what do I owe the honour?"

"You, my sweet angel —"

I shake my head as my arms move in the air creating an x before spacing apart and going back to an x, "Woah, woah, woah, what is up with the nicknames? My gosh, did you turn into my boyfriend?"

She gives me a sour look, "If you'd let me speak, I'd be able to tell you all the goods."

I murmur, "I feel like you were speaking, you were just being incredibly weird but okay." Dragging out the a as I mutter under my breath.

"So," She claps, "I am happily inviting you to stay with me at Asher's beach house with us as we prepare for the wedding." She beams.

"For how long?"

Her smile drops as she gives me another sour look, "Zoey, you know you don't actually have to work, right? Please, just take two months off —"

"Two months!?" I screech.

"Jeez, who's killing the neighbours cat." Mutters Aaron as he walks into the kitchen, "Oh, well hello Zoey."

I narrow my eyes at me, "Keep your greeting, you just called me damn cat." My eyes go back to April, "I cannot, why are we even staying there?"

"I'm the maid of honour, it's my job to make sure everything is perfect. I'm basically the co-planner, it's the only way I could have my mom actually not take over. Please, I can't be all alone."

Aaron throws his arm around her shoulders, "Oh, sister you won't be alone."

She dramatically rolls her eyes before she shrugs his arm off, "Please, I don't want to even try ask anyone else. Besides you being my go to person, everyone else would definitely end up in guys his bed and I'd honestly rather not."

Aaron clicks his tongue, "That doesn't sound like erasing the relationship to me."

"Shut up, Aaron"

"Get out, Aaron."

His eyes dart between the two of us and he helped up in mock surrender, "Wow, so much hostility." He saunters out the kitchen.

"Please, Zoey I'm practically begging here. I can't be left alone with that man, he's still sex on legs. What if I relapse and end up falling in his bed?"

I raise a brow, "So that's what you're afraid of? Yourself falling into bed with him?"

She makes a 'blah blah' kind of motion, "Mainly the other girls' one, I can't for the life of me live in a house for a month where I know my friend will be fucking my ex boyfriend. I'd literally kill a bitch."

Aaron: sounds like you're in trouble.

Zoey: Me?

"When do we leave?"

April throws her hands up and squeals, "I knew you'd agr —"

I shake my head as my phone vibrates again, "I didn't agree, I'm just asking so I can check my schedule."

Aaron: oh you were tipsy tipsy. well, i'll remind you tonight.

Zoey: Aaron, I've got a life okay. I'm not free just because you're free.

Aaron: trust me, you're going to want to hear this before you agree to two month with me. 😘

Did this man just send me a kissy face? Wow, what a complete weirdo.

"Anyway, I've gotta run and you know? Do the job my best friend is constantly reminding me I don't need to do." She pouts, "I don't meant it like that."

"I'll let you know tonight." I shut the front door.

She doesn't remember the kiss. 😂