CHAPTER 5

(One month later)
"Sir, my resume is not all that matters. I can really do the work"she tried pleading.

    "Am sorry,but there's nothing we can do at the moment,we're not hiring"the cold glint in the chubby man's eye said it all, that he wasn't changing his mind no matter how much she pleaded.

    She sighed defeated and standing to take her leave..

"Unless... "He said smirking up at her. She turned to hear what he had to say clearly interested.

    "...we come to an agreement... "He stood from his cushioned rotating chair around his desk to stand infront of Lizzy rolling a strand of her hair in front of her face towards her ear, moving in a sensual motion.

      "You know you're a beautiful girl, we can't let it go to waste and..."he was cut short by a hard slap to his chubby.

     Shocked, his hand went up to soothe the burning area.

   "How dare you? "He said enraged.

But Lizzy didn't give him a chance to finish his sentence.

"How dare you"?pointing a slim finger in front of his face shocking him even more.

    "Now you listen, I worked hard for this certificate so you have no right to offer me anything less than what I deserve, understand?! "She shouted
Jumping,he quickly nodded trying to apologise but Lizzy was quick to speak.

   "You can take your job and go to hell"Lizzy finalized and walked out with her head held high and her back straightened,proud of herself.

              🌹  🌹  🌹  🌹

  As soon as she stepped out onto the lobby, she breathed out the air she had been holding for so long on her way down the elevator relieved .

   That's when she saw him...
He was looking serious in his all American grey suit, his face void of any emotion. He walked with elegance and grace of a King with his bodyguards trailing behind him matching his stride.

     He had his eyes shielded by dark shades.
    She was in awe as she awaited him to recognise her but stopped herself from getting all giddy inside.

      In the midst of her struggle with her emotion, he walked right passed her without even sparing her a glance even though she was sure she must have been within his line of sight.

    Disappointment ripped through her and she recoiled. Regaining her composure she put on a brave face and made her way out of the building into the blinding sunlight and terrible traffic without looking back.

    Stepping into the elevator along with his members of his security detail. He couldn't remember their names,he changed them every month.

    His thought roamed back to a few minutes ago.

"Can this stupid thing go any faster?"he said irritated.

   Trying his best to get the image out of his mind of her expectant face turning to one of disappointment as he ignored her.
      He'd seen her but....He sighed,
thinking about the past month.