CHAPTER 6

I apologize for not keeping up with the updates. I've been dealing with some stuff.
But yes, I promise to start posting as regularly as possible, twice in 2days or twice in one day. What do you think?

   Anyway, let's get into the story. I've recently just edited all the previous chapters ,
   So they are ready for you to binge read as much as you want without mistakes .

  It's about to get interesting...

--------------------------------------------------
" Lizzy,?" She heard a voice.
  "Are you awake? "The voice spoke inspecting her face .
       No answer.

    "Are you okay? "She heard the concern in Lilly's voice.
She sat up and shielded her eyes from the blinding lights streaming in from the windows.

"Lilly, what's wrong? "She rubbed her eyes. Tiredly trying to
clear her foggy eyes.

   " No...Yes..well,this phone's alarm woke me up like an hour ago. "She replied with one hand on her hip and the other taking the phone on the bedside table and waving it in front of her.

   "Is there something you're not telling me? "She arched her brow suspiciously .

Grinning, Lizzy intertwined her fingers nervous. Trying to figure out what to say to get her out of this situation but she found none.
  So ,she sighed defeated and told Lilly everything sparing her some of the gory details. She didn't need to know.

    30 minutes later, Lilly was gaping at her sitting on the bed facing Lizzy dumbfounded.
    Lilly was expecting her to spill some secret about a secret boyfriend, not this!
She rubbed her nape with her hand, trying to take it all in.
   "Say something, please. "Lizzy said  nervously. Playing with her fingers which is what she does when she's nervous.

     Lilly sighed.
   "okay, so let me get this straight, so this Blake guy got you this extremely expensive phone. Why? "She asked confused.

   Lizzy was dumbfounded ,she thought about it for some time before replying, realising she didn't even have an answer to that question.
    "I don't know"she replied lost.

  An alarm brought them both out of their heads, it was the iPhone which read 8:00am. An alarm she set last night before going to bed.
   "Oh God,!"she scrambled out of bed bumping her toe against the hardwood of the bedpost, she yelped in pain and hoped into the bathroom leaving Lilly there confused.

    "What's wrong?!"Lilly shouted after her but Lizzy didn't hear her. She seemed to be in a hurry.

    An hour later,she was ready and she still had an hour left to spare.
    She smiled awkwardly at the lady in the mirror staring back at her. She looked so plain in a black shirt and striped white and black skirt that stretched down all the way to her knee.

     With her raven,natural fiery curls pulled back into a ponytail and with minimum makeup and two stud earrings in her ear lobe.
        It was the only piece of jewellery she owned.

    She smiled at her reflection again and turned back to look at  Lilly carrying 2 coffee mugs of coffee and an apple inbetween her teeth.

     Offering one cup to Lizzy,she used her one free hand to pull the apple and had a bite out of it.

    "Have breakfast before you go"she told Lizzy as she sipped her hot coffee. She contemplated on it before nodding.
    Lilly set down her coffee on the bedside table with the saucer under the cup.

     Rushing to the kitchen,she placed a plate of moderately made pancakes in front of Lizzy.
It wasn't like Lizzy's special pancakes but it would serve as a good breakfast.
   She winced at the memory of her past failed attempts at cooking a meal.

    "What?" Lizzy asked,her attention on Lilly as she put a piece of pancake dipped in syrup into her mouth.
   'Huh... "Shaking her head burying those memories, she responded
   "How is it?.. "She asked.
Lizzy was still taking another bite. After swallowing,she replied
  "It's good"she shrugged her shoulders then gave a thumbs up.
  Then she stood up.
"I have to go now unless, am going to be late."she said hurriedly finishing her coffee.