CHAPTER 10

A week had gone by and she was still in Mr.Stone's house with him still ignoring her, even at breakfast when they had to see each other.

   The most he'd said to her are just pleasantries.

      The tabloids were dying down little by little, at least today she hadn't seen her name plastered on the front cover of Manhattan news with a huge question mark over her identity.

    On the plus side,she and Louisa had bonded quite well.
Her days were being filled with cooking lessons on Mexican dishes and most of all she had gotten some maternal experience from lousia.

    She walked around all day in t-shirts.Lilly was supposed to come two days ago with some of her things.But she hadn't showed.

    She padded barefoot to the kitchen,setting out ingredients for lunch. Louisa had given her an opportunity to cook something,preferably one she had learnt from Louisa.

   Louisa was visiting her hometown for a few days.
               🌸  🌸  🌸   🌸
     An hour later...

   She heard footsteps come in,it must be Blake but it was quite early even for him. She was setting the table as he walked into the dining room along with his confidant and friend clad in his all black suit.

     "oh, hi. You're just in time".
She placed the dishes on the table before sparing him a glance and noticing the extra person in the room

      "I'm gonna get another plate"
She spun to the kitchen.

     Soon after, they were all having their dinner in uncomfortable silence.

    Lizzy cleared her throat and asked
"so, Mr Stone,how was your day?"

      Her gaze shifted from one man to another. They seemed pretty engrossed with their meal.

     All he managed to do was a nod he forked a load of lasagna  into his mouth groaning in satisfaction.

      Lizzy took that as the end of the conversation,so she said nothing else.

       As soon as they were done with their meal,she cleared out all the dishes and washed them.While Blake and his guest moved to the living room for privacy.

       As Lizzy walked back upstairs,on her way she overheard voices in the living room.Moving on,what caught her attention was her name being mentioned and the fact that they were talking in hushed whispers. So she learned closer to overhear what was being said about her.Maybe it was something ...

  "It could work you know it,I know it..."
   "Yeah ,but she doesn't know it" Blake cut him off sounding agitated and a little tired.

     "Come on,I don't think its going to be a problem.You can see she fancies you"

      " Eso hace no importer de lodas formas"Blake let out a tired sigh.

      "Even though it could work?!" The older man said outraged.

     "Am am not doing it!" Blake raised his voice.

    In the process of trying to hear better of what they were talking about,she tip-toed forward and lost her footing but caught herself just in time before she fell flat on her face.But her yelp wasn't missed as they two men grew quiet and she knew she had been caught.

  "I think it's best you go"
   She heard Blake say.
"unless you want to enjoy watching Grace handing me my own ass"

     The older man chuckled,a rich silky masculine laugh
"I doubt I won't quite enjoy the show ..."

    Patting Blake's shoulders as he grabbed his suitcase on the opposite couch

     "Just give what I said a thought will you...?"
   Bake groaned but sighed in defeat
  "Okay but I won't guarantee that it would work though.. "
  "It would...Try"

    With that he departed pausing in the doorway to wave goodbye to Lizzy who blushed in embarrassment.

   Turning to go back upstairs,she heard him sigh before he said
"Aren't you curious about what we were talking about? It's best you hear them out now"

   .. She hesitated.
    Contemplating her situation at the moment.
  She already overheard them, it was better to hear the rest to avoid any misunderstanding