Under the Blue Blood Moon

"Hurry Bill!  It's coming out!!" Claire's shrill cry echoed in the corridor.  Her husband Bill was in a panic grabbing her bag in the second floor of the house. There were thuds from the objects falling from his every move.  Bill,  the pack's Beta known for his bravery and strength has turned clumsy and was sweating cold sweat all over his body.  The panic,  the excitement and nervousness has risen to his head he can't hardly breathe.  Claire was finally giving birth to their first born!

"Bill!!!! My moon goddess!  What's taking you so long?!?" Claire shouted at the top of her lungs.  A mix of agitation and pain in her voice.  She held her belly tighter.  The little baby's kicks were unbearable.
"I'm here, Honey.  We're leaving..  Let's go.."  he emerged from the stair's landing almost falling, face panic-stricken and held her wife with trembling hands. 
"For goodness sake Bill,  hold yourself together!  It's me who's going to give birth but it's you who looks like shit!" Claire's face was very pale now and wrinkled trying to overpower the pain. She gripped in her husband's arm a little too tight.   

"Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Mayfield, it's a she! A very healthy baby girl! " beamed Dr. Luke Ross, the pack doctor. His graying hair shining like a halo in the light of the flourescent lamp above.
The couple were overwhelmed with unexplainable joy. For the first time after trying for almost 3 years,  the moon goddess had given them the child they have been praying for.  Tears of joy were streaming down the couple's face. Overjoyed and satisfied especially Claire.  She extended her arms to receive her baby. 
"She's beautiful.  Very beautiful... " she uttered amidst her tears.  Her husband leaned closer to her and kissed her forehead.
"What shall we call her?" Bill asked.
"Mona Elara. She's blessed by the moon goddess herself and the blue blood moon above us." Claire said softly kissing her baby's head, still asleep in her chest.
"Mona Elara Mayfield. As beautiful as you are... " Bill said lovingly to his wife.  Claire looked at his husband and gave her a kiss and the couple shared that beautiful moment until a knock on the door interrupted them.

A tall and muscular man came striding from the door.  He was handsome with his slick bronze brown hair combed neatly backwards. He has a chiseled jawline and enigmatic hazel eyes. His crooked nose did not downturn his looks either,  it just added power to it.  His very presence is magnetic and powerful.  That is because he is the alpha of the pack.  William Jones is the alpha of the Black Moon Pack.

"Alpha..." the couple bowed their heads at the sight of their alpha. 
"How are you Claire?" he asked in his powerful tone. 
"I'm feeling better now,  Alpha. Thank you for the visit." Claire said while her husband reached for the alpha's hand and they did their secret handshake. 
"May I?" Alpha William inquired hesitantly, asking permission to see her baby. Claire just nods her head and smiled.

"What a beauty!" the Alpha exclaimed.
"She got your looks indeed!  I wonder what Bill has contributed? " he said jokingly to Bill. 
"Maybe my skills and strength you'll see Alpha... " Bill said proudly.
"Of course she will be. Another worthy and strong wolf in our pack!" Alpha William valiantly proclaimed and both of the men laughed.

"She's cursed." A voice from behind the Alpha spoke. Nobody in the group noticed her coming.   All eyes looked at the source of the voice.  It was the Luna speaking. She's in her late thirties,  elegant,  graceful and stoic.  Her chestnut brown hair is in a fancy bun and she was wearing a blue dress.  As blue as the moon above. 

Luna Miranda Jones was another power in the pack.  Born from the Alpha of a neighboring pack the Scarlet Moon pack, another strong and respectable clan in the North, she exudes the aura of a royal. But in contrast to her husband,  Alpha William Jones,  she is colder and  stoic than her mate. 

"The baby is cursed." She repeated coldly.  Her lips tightly pursed. 
"What exactly do you mean?" exclaimed the Alpha.  His eyebrows furrowed deeply making lines in his rather perfect skinned face. 

"Look at her eyes." she answered without blinking.  And so, all of them looked down at the baby, now wide awake and smiling to all the faces above her. And for the first time,  they saw her eyes. One is blue and the other is amber. First were curious looks,  followed by shock and then by fear.  For a moment nothing moved, even their breath were still.  Until, the baby's shrill cry broke the stillness of the night.