Claire in the Mirror

"Luna,  do we have any more appointments for today?" Mona meekly asked Miranda right after they were dismissed by the High Priest.

"Getting tired of my company already Mona-dear?"was Miranda's sweet reply. "Yes. We still have three other appointments.  To the clinic,  the designer and the wedding planner."

"The clinic?" she asked warily

"You heard me right,  the Clinic. To have you checked."

"Me?  But I am in good health and--"

"I can see that.  But I need to be sure that you don't have any hidden diseases in your body.  And of course,  to check if your womb is healthy. You'll be carrying my son's children right? I need to be sure that they will come out in this world healthy and NORMAL.  Better safe than sorry. " she explained, emphasizing the word NORMAL. 

"We still have twenty minutes before Dr.  Hans can accommodate us. So, I want to see my husband first. Wait for me in the car." Miranda turned her back to them yet Mona stopped her.

"Luna,  can I just go by and see my father quick?" she's hesitant to ask her permission.

"Whatever!" was her only reply and trotted to her husband's office. 

"Let's go Troy!  Let's find Dad!!" she exclaimed excitedly. Troy nods and smiles at her. 

"Where is his office?" Troy asked silently as they climb up the stairs.  The Pack house is a massive,  six-story  brick building.  Each floor has designated offices. The Ground Floor holds the huge Hall for Gatherings. It has elevators but they choose the stairs to avoid people coming in and out of the Pack House.

"I don't visit him frequently because he doesn't like to see me before, as you already know. But my Granny did.  She oftentimes brings me with her whenever she was asked to come over and deliver things or papers my father had forgotten at home, I just stay out of sight so my Dad won't see me... " she said,  smiling wistfully on her memory. "I just hope that they have not change rooms! We are here!" she announced breathlessly. They are on the top floor. The Alpha's floor.
They are checking each door signs hoping to find her father's office when they meet the Alpha, William Jones and of course,  the Luna. He immediately stopped on his tracks and looked surprised as if he'd seen a ghost. 

"Good morning Alpha!" Mona greets him first as she bowed her head.

"Mona?" he asked, surprise is in his tone.

"Yes Alpha.  It is me." She said politely.
The Alpha glanced at his wife and the Luna just displayed a knowing look.

"I did it. Now she looks like a normal girl of the Black Moon Pack." she said proudly.

"Oh yes.  But at first glance I thought you were Claire.  With your hair and eyes like that,  I thought she came back to life. Good thing it's you. " he said laughing, yet his eyes expressed admiration?  The Luna's face on the other hand,  looked dimmer as if she had swallowed a bitter pill. 

"Let's go,  William.  Tristan is waiting." she nudged her husband to go.

"If you're looking for Bill,  he's not in the office today.  He send word that he is sick. But don't  worry,  he just caught some nasty cold." William assured her. Still Mona is worried.

"Thanks Alpha." was the only words she said. She sighed sadly.  Her hopes of seeing her father has gone.

"Do you want me to check on him,  Mona?" Troy kindly offered, touching her arm.  She looked up at him and smiled.  Grateful that she have one loyal friend like him.