The Black Moon Manor

They arrived in the Alpha's private Manor after a twenty-minute drive. The residence is an old, huge, pitch-black Victorian Manor  with its tailored gardens and magnificent topiaries. This has been the Alpha's residence since the Black Moon pack was established a half of a millenia ago. It is located a mile from the heart of the town, whereas the Pack House, at the same time, the Headquarters are in town. They passed by the massive brick packhouse, where the Alpha and her father are doing their pack duties. The packhouse serves as the Town hall, complete with amenities in case of large gatherings (where Tristan's grand birthday bash and epic engagement occured). The Black Moon Council also held office there, their High Priest and the Great Elders, all convene in the PackHouse in times of meetings, assemblies, and conferences.

In this modern year, their pack is prized for strictly upholding old-age traditions, rules and virtues. They have not done any amendments to the olden laws with which she was torn in the moment.

One of which, (primarily that covers of a soon to be Luna) states that once a woman was formally engaged or was chosen as the Alpha's bride, she will be removed from her family and will start living with his future mate. They will live under the same roof but on separate rooms to protect each others purity.This will also serve as a challenge for the couple to restrain themselves from the tempting presence of each other and check their level of responsibility and obedience to given protocols. During the duration, they will be trained according to social, political, moral and family standards. The Bride-to-be,  will be educated by the Luna herself while the groom will continue his daily routines and trainings. Until such time,  the pair are ready for the next ceremonies.  There are two official ceremonies, the wedding officiated by the High Priest and the marking/union ceremony led by the Great Elder,  usually the latter event will occur during a full moon where the Moon Goddess' power is at peak. Basically,  the Great Elder will do some rituals and offerings to the Moon Goddess so that she will bless the marriage. Mona now realizes the impact of these traditions especially to her.

These laws and traditions have been taught to them at school, Mona is a relatively attentive student but she was not always at her best.   Either she was too bothered or too bullied to listen. In addition, reality is far too complex from theories. Mona just wished to go back to her old home. Her life that has started to lighten has turning in an unpredictable twist once more.

The Alpha and Luna was waiting for them along with the many servants of the Black Moon Manor.  As they stepped down from the car,  an echoing greeting from them meet her.
The Alpha met them happily while the Luna seems to be unwell. Maybe she had swallowed something bitter.  Especially when Troy emerged behind her,  the Luna's face looks even more grim.

"Mona, welcome to the family! And Troy, it's good to see you again." The Alpha, as good-natured as he is, offered his hand to Troy for a shake. Troy immediately accepted his hand and shake it gently. 

"You are also welcome in our home." The Alpha smiled genuinely to both of them. His cheer is utterly contradicted by his wife's grimance. Either way ,  the Alpha's greetings lifted some of her worries,  still, the Luna makes her nervous. Her piercing glares and her evident dislike to her. Suddenly,  her childhood demons are slowly creeping to the surface. She reminds herself to be very careful especially around her and keep her cool.

She was brought to a large bedroom where the dominating colors are red and gold.  Her bathroom is as big as her old bedroom in her home, she even have her own bathtub the size of a bed, the furnishings in the room are elegant and she loves the four poster bed covered in red and gold. Large windows in scarlet drapes, plush carpets so soft as fresh snow,  a velvety red couch with gold trimmings and a crystal chandelier above. Troy was in the next room from hers. It was as large as her room and the colors are all moss green, from the drapes down to the carpet. All in all,  the Black Moon Manor screams grandeur and timeless elegance, she felt so out-of-place.