Becoming a Black Moon Bride

"Starting today, you will be under my care. Even if I don't like it, I have no choice." Miranda started her lecture to Mona. They are sitting face to face in the huge study room, where the bookshelves rival that of their local library. She looked at Mona's mismatched eyes, those very eyes that gives her the creeps. Mona is just sitting still, maintaining eye contact. Miranda is determined to let Mona understand the extent of her powers as a Luna and that she is standing in the palm of her hands.

"I will teach you everything that I know about the duties and responsibilities of a Luna. You only have to follow what I say.  Firstly, a Luna must look good." she said straight. "Have I told you that I don't like you?" she asked her with raising eyebrows.

"You did Luna, a couple of times now." Mona replied quietly, her eye contact is irritating her.

"Great! And it will remain that way. Now, stand up, we will have a trip to Mr. Shaw." she finally ordered Mona as she sashays out of the study.

The Luna is trying to provoke her, Mona thought. But she will not be provoked. She have been into too many tortures and miseries since childhood, and this one is not different. Only a torture in another level. She followed her out of the room, Troy meets her outside the door.  He has been in stand-by whenever she's with the Luna and his presence (even if he's just behind the door)  it greatly comforts her.  As for her fiancee,  he's nowhere to be found.  He stays more in the Pack House with the Alpha and his father. And whenever he is at home,  he makes sure to get out of her way. Great!  She sighed.  She wishes that she's trained in the Pack House,  too.  Not because Tristan is there but because of her father.  She misses him, and he had not visited her yet nor called her. She's getting worried.

"And you gentleman,  you don't  need to follow anywhere we go." The Luna speaks behind her regal back.

"Troy." he replied politely.

"What's that?" The Luna abruptly turned to them.

"The name is Troy,  Luna. So you wouldn't have to call me gentleman everytime you see me." was Troy's very polite answer. 

"I see.  Troy.  You don't  have to come."

"My apologies again Luna, but I have nowhere to go but to follow where Mona will be.  That's my duty. " he said straightly without any inhibitions.

Miranda's slit of a mouth tightened and her eyes flared.  Definitely, she did not like having Troy around.

"Well,  suit yourself." she said mockingly. "Let's go." Bruce, her personal assistant appears before her.
"Clear all of Mr. Shaw's appointments today.  Tell him I will come over." was her command to the PA. The latter immediately nods and made a call. After a minute,  Bruce gave the go signal.  Soon, the four of them are on the car heading to some person called Mr. Shaw.  Again, great thanks that Troy is with her,  she feels secure somehow.

They arrived to a 3-story building with a sign that says Sure Touch.  They are in front of the best Beauty Salon in town.  The Luna walks in proudly and all employees bow their head and greet her. Talk about a VIP and there is Luna Miranda Jones.  They proceed to the third floor and a middle-aged, thin and tall man who looks very handsome and very neat yet odd for Mona greets them.  He has a shiny brown head of hair,  a very clear glassy skin as if a mannequin and lips in ochre lipstick. He has a vibrant aura in him.  A black bar pin with golden writings that says J.Shaw is emblazoned in his blue uniform. 

"Luna, what a pleasure. I immediately called my appointments off when I received Bruce's call."  his voice is very light, reminding her of sunshine on Summertime.

"Thank you Jim for always accommodating my urgent calls." the Luna said appreciatively.

"So,  is she the one?" Mr. Jim Shaw inquired the Luna, already scrutinizing her from head to foot. 
The Luna just grunted an air of dislike.  As always.