Claiming the Alpha's Bride

Mona could not believe what has happened in the party. She never wanted to be in the spotlight, worst be engaged in a blink of an eye. And not just to any ordinary man but to the heir of the Black Moon Pack! She can imagine herself as shocked as Pia Wurtzbach way back the 2016 Miss Universe tilt. She must have looked epic. Her head suddenly felt light and dizzy, she lay in her bed restlessly and annoyed.

"Don't you like the new mate?" after a long time she finally spoke to her in her superbly sarcastic tone -her wolf, Thalia.
"It doesn't feel right, Thalia!" she snapped at her.
"But why? He possessed strength beyond measure, prime intelligence, reliable abilities and a future Alpha and on top of that...handsome... sexy... and hot. " she can understand Thalia was already attracted to Tristan and his wolf but she was not as pleased with her right now.
"Stop it! You're not making any sense!!" she said hotly to her.
"Don't you lie to me girl, because I can sense it. You already liked him before I do. Even before I came to you... So what's with the fuss? Not everyone gets the chance that you get..." she murmured teasingly, then she remembered ten years ago. When Tristan tried to save her from the rogues. How he risked his life to protect her during that unfortunate night. When she returned, he remained neutral and casual at her when everybody else were making fun of her, stopped the bullies and told them to leave her alone. Back then, she wanted to believe that Tristan is different from the rest. Now she don't know. She sighed.
"See? You want him. Admit it, don't stop yourself, he is all yours now." Thalia nudged her in her mind. Still im her teasing tone
"Shut up Thalia! You are only making things worse! I'm going to sleep!!" she shut her up, sometimes, Thalia is great in adding salt to your wounds. This time is one of those. Mona can still hear Thalia's teasing laughters in the back of her head. She just closed her eyes firmly and covered her face with her pillow.

Light rays are hitting her face. Maybe she forgot to close the windows or draw down the curtains. Whenever that happens, it is game over to Mona. She has to be awake! She stretched her hands, her eyes still closed. She waited ten seconds before opening it. There she saw the window. Gosh, she really did forgot to close it last night. But there is a silhouette by the window and is drawing near to her bed.
"Good morning, Sweetheart. " a sexy voice said. Her eyes bulged out of its sockets seeing Tristan in front of her. She screamed at the top of her lungs.
He is wearing a white fitted top, his sexy torso is almost visible. Her heart is under attack. Suddenly her door flew open, there came her father and Troy, worried and ready to fight.
"What happened Mona?!" her father speaks first, looking around and then to Tristan who was now leaning on the window again.
"Nothing Dad, I was just shocked to see him in my room." she said trying to calm herself
"We thought that he is violating you!" Troy added in a protective tone.
"What did you say, Rogue?" Tristan said as he looked angrily at Troy.
"Wait. Troy, Dad, it's fine. I'm fine. Really. And you Mr. Jones, what are you doing in my room?" she scold Tristan.
"What else? I'm here to collect my bride." he replied straightly, not a single blink in sight.

"This can't be!! Do something William! I don't want that cursed girl be part of our family, MY FAMILY!" Miranda is yelling at William. She was very upset with Tristan's ploy last night and she could not believe that her husband just let it happen. The Alpha on the other hand just shakes his head. Early in the morning and his wife is already bursting with anger. She never really liked Mona eversince she was born. She believed that the girl is a living curse and must be eliminated.
"It's time that we acknowledge Tristan's decision. He is in the right age now, soon I will pass him the Alpha duties. We have to trust him. Besides, how many times have I told you that Mona is not cursed. She is just an ordinary girl and it is not her fault that she was born that way. She is perfectly fine and I guess, perfect for our son." he said calmly to her. However, what he said just adds fuel to Miranda's anger
"Perfect? Or maybe because she is Claire's daughter!" she spat at him. His eyes met hers and hers were nothing but furious.
"You think I don't know William? You think I am dumb? I know exactly how you felt for Claire! You and her had a thing in the past right?" she is really angry now.
"We have been through this before, Miranda. What's past is past."
"Yes, it is in the past and you are still living in it. Do you think I will have a chance over her if it was not the mate-bond? No. Never! Because the only person in your heart was Claire! Dont dare deny it William!!" she is pointing at him, her vent up emotions now exploding in a burst of jealous flames.
"I won't deny that I loved Claire. But I let her go even before our mate-bond appeared. And as you can see, she has been happily married with Bill. And I to you."
"Were you?" Miranda eyes were brimming with vengeful tears.
"What?"
"Were you happy to be married to me?"
"I am and is still happy with you. The moon goddess chose you for me. We were made for each other..."
"Then why? Why didn't I feel it? Your happiness whenever we're together? Instead I feel like I am not enough? Why do I always have to prove myself to you? Why dont you look at me the way you looked at her? And why the hell are you still keeping a picture of her?!" she yelled her last question
"All these years, you never let me in. She married someone else, she died and all but I never won against her, not once! I may have became the Luna, but I never owned your heart. She did." she said trying to stop her tears from falling, full of reproach.
"Miranda... What are you saying?" he cooed at her,
"It's final. I won't take her as a daughter-in-law. I won't take a bitch that will remind you of Claire!!" she turned her back and left him dumbfounded.

"Take me? Are you crazy??" Mona stood up from her bed and paced to the bathroom.
"I am not going with you!" she firmly said. After she said this, 3 maids came in, carrying suitcases.
"Please take all her belongings. Quick!" He commanded to the maids
"Yes, young master!" they answered in unison and immediately opened her closet. Mona haven't got the time to react for everything was moving too fast. She just looked at her father sighing.
"Just give me an order Mona, and I will throw them out of the house."
Troy said, still glaring at Tristan. Bill just nods to Troy, signalling him everything was fine.
"Young Master, with all due respect. My daughter is still in shock from last night's announcement and taking her with you immediately is fairly shocking to her." Bill started, his voice fatherly and respectful.
"Mr. Mayfield, sir. Or should I start calling you father?" he looks at her.
He cleared his throat before speaking again.
"I don't see any problem with this. You know the traditions well, do you?"
"Er-yes. But can we give Mona a little more time to digest everything?"
"No. She will get by. Continue packing." he said cooly to the maids which then again answered in unison as if trained dogs.
"And you," he is referring to her
"Fix yourself. We will be leaving in ten minutes." he commanded before leaving the room. She was dumbfounded and helpless.
"Dad?!? What will I do?" she said helplessly
"Just do what he says.Better not to go against an Alpha's temper." her father commented.

It was not until thirty minutes after she was able to completely gather herself together. Tristan looked at her very impatiently, she can clearly see his nostrils blaring while she was climbing down the stairs.
"What took you so long?? We are late!" he said reproachedly.
She hugged her Dad, this engagement thing is such a nuisance. It was not long when she and her father had started to work on their relationship and yet she will be removed from him too soon.
"I will come with you." Troy blurted, a backpack in his hand.
"You are not invited, rogue!" Tristan rebuked.
"I am not talking to you, Alpha's son. I am talking to Mona!" he retorted. Mona can feel bad aura surrounding the two.
"Actually, Young Master. Troy will stick with Mona. Whether you like it or not. He's kinda imprinted to her. I guess you know what happens to imprints if they can't fulfill their purpose..?" Bill chimed in, his tone friendly. If ever imprints were not able to fulfill their purpose they become savages. And Mona don't like Troy to become a savage, given he is the only friend she got.
"He will come with me." she said firmly in Tristan's face. "I am not going anywhere if he is not with me."

"Whatever!" Tristan turned his back angrily.
"Don't worry about me Sweetie, I can handle myself. Besides I'll see you in often. I am second to the Alpha right? So, I can linger around." he winked at her.
"And Troy, please do your duties well. I am counting on you." Bill said in a very serious tone. The two men locked eyes and seemed to communicate silently.
"Yes, sir!" Troy firmly said.

The car's blaring horn signalled the end of their farewells. She left her father and walked towards the car. She looked back at him smiling wistfully as he waved her goodbye. She waved back at him. Mona never thought that it would be the last time she will see his father.