The Healer in Oakwood Groove

Gravity is pulling Mona as swift as a bullet, and her fall did not even stop the river's raging flow. She was engulfed by the cold water and down she goes. She held her breath as long as she can but her efforts to go up were futile. The river's current was dragging her helplessly along. She's being pulled to the bottom then will bob a second later. She'll inhale and down underwater again for another minute or more. It was not long until someone grabbed her. Thanks goodness! But the amount of water she gulped is making her dizzy, add the freezing waters and the current, her head's starting to spin.

"Where is she? Where is my Mona?" old Josephine asked as she met the men charging to the packhouse. She turned to Bill. Her eyes worried yet hopeful. None of the men looked at her straight in the eye.
"Alpha? Bill?! Where is she!" she demanded.
"She fell. To the Moon River." Bill whispered. He dare not look at Josephine's wrinkled face. Guilt was all over his face.

Upon hearing Bill's answer, her knees turned to jelly she can't stand still. Bill supported her to one of the chairs. She felt her lungs has stopped functioning. She can't believe it! Falling to moon river is as good as dying! She held Bill's hand up in front of her and looked hysterically as if searching for evidence. It was gone. The silver trail of thread caused by the unbreakable vow was gone. She reached for the Alpha's hand as well. It was definitely gone, not a trace! Only the death of whom the promise was made will break it. Do it mean that Mona did not survive the fall?? Is she really gone?? Josephine started to wail.

Mona opened her eyes wide. She thought she's dead but she's not. In all fairness, she's feeling well as in the best she had ever in all of her eight years.
Her head had some kind of minty leaves, same as her arm. She remembered being bitten by a rogue on her arm but there is not a wound in sight, only fresh scars. She sat up. Good gracious, she does not feel any pain. She removed the leaves on her body and placed it carefully on the bedside table next to her.

The room she's in is very simple and airy. The windows were wide open as the curtains made of shell danced in the wind creating a musical chime. Beside her was a wooden bedside table with a vase of fresh flowers and a small basin filled with water and leaves. An old mahogany cabinet was opposite her and also a large blurry, almost dusty mirror with intricate wooden carvings, she can slightly see her face on it. The room is filled with the smell of chamomile and lavender, calming her senses.

"I see you're awake... " a musical voice said. She turned her head automatically to its source. A very beautiful woman carrying a tray came in the room. Her very long, straight, black hair reaches to her hips. She's wearing a long dress in pale yellow with a blue string tied in a ribbon on her narrow waist. She's short and slim, but it did not change the fact that she is very pretty. She has a light, happy yet mysterious aura in her. For Mona, she is the most beautiful lady she had seen so far, almost enchanting. She smiled at her showing her pearly white perfect teeth, her eyelashes were long that complements her slightly almond-shaped purple eyes.

"How are you feeling?" she asked as she sits beside her bed and put the tray on the table.
"I'm feeling good, thank you." she said timidly.
"That's great." she said happily. "Here, have some porridge." she took the bowl of porridge and started stirring it.
"Thank you." she accepts it and starts blowing on its contents. The lady is still looking at her and she suddenly felt insecure and lowered her head.
"You are very pretty." she softly said. She blushed. Not once in her life had she received such compliment.
"Thank you" she said shyly. "Who are you?" she dare asked the mysterious lady.
She smiled widely, "I am Karen Sage" she held her hand to offer a handshake.
"I --- I'm Mona. Mona Mayfield." she shakes her soft hand.
"I know." she replied. "Nice meeting you, Mona."
She looked at her with a start. How did she know her name? Understanding her startled look she just nodded and smiled.
"I saw a nametag in your clothes when I washed it." she explained. She looked at herself, she's wearing a loose white dress that reaches her ankles.
"Say, Miss Sage, how did you found me?" she asked warily.
"I did not found you. You came to me."