Up Where She Belongs

Beads of sweat come rushing down on Tristan's face, intermixed with his tears and saliva, sobbing and yelling for help. This can't be happening! He felt her neck for pulse but it has none. Not a single heartbeat. Moments later, medical attendants came in and gave her first aid. Futile as it is, they still tried reviving her but she's gone. Tristan gaped, unwilling to accept the fact that Mona is dead. His father held his shoulder for a long time as he cried like he never did before, right there embracing her lifeless body.

"She's gone, son..." William whispered. As a proof, he showed his left arm to him and broken silvery threads are falling off and are slowly dissipating into thin air. A sign that they are now free of the unbreakable bond, that the person whom they have sworn their protection has died. He saw it too, as the silvery threads shed off his arm.

"I failed. I failed to protect her... I am useless!" Tristan cried as he helplessly look at the shedding silver threads in his arm.

"Don't say that, you did your very best to bring her back. You saved her..." William assured him.

"Then I let her die..." Tristan added, now looking at her peaceful face. Never again will he see the warmth in her eyes and the sweetness in her smile. It made him feel terrible. He has plans for them after this chaos. He still wanted to make her feel how it is to be truly loved and cared for. Now his chance has gone with the wind.

Bill came in slowly and weakly to where Tristan is, assisted by Troy who was also battered, his face filled with bruises and sporting a black eye. Bill felt it when Mona was slayed and as she let go of her last breath. Something in him broke apart and he knew, it will be irrepairable. Now he wished that he just died wheb the beast trampled him.

Troy himself felt terrible and a failure. He stands as Mona's guard, sworn to protect her with his life but he failed completely. Seeing his master died in his watch and he was not able to help much during her despair is not a very convincing quality of a Guardian. Now that Mona is gone, he is free too. The imprint will vanish as soon as the master shut her eyes for good. Troy can't help but pity and blame himself for his lack of attention and foresight.

The night breeze sings of lament.

"She is indeed the last descendant of the Sky. And her death is also the death of the celestial beast." The Great Elder spoke behind them, in his very hoarse throaty voice.

"Don't despair, Son. For it is written. She was born under the blue blood moon, she died under a great Oak Moon which symbolizes the completion of purpose and the fulfillment of a promise..." he said mystically as he looks up in the bright moon. They look at it too, mesmerized with its beauty and mystery.

It suddenly felt cold, the night air turned chilly and a little foggy. They saw it too, two bright lights from the moon were falling freely to them, it slowed down when it was near the ground so it won't explode from the impact. It's like two balloons fleeting on the ground, very light and warm and surreal. They felt a rush of warm and refreshing energy rushing through their body. The two bright lights wear off its blinding lights and it revealed two mystical people. The people whom they only have acquaintance with in the books. The Sun God, in his dashing, powerful and striking features. Every inch of him speaks dominance and greatness. While the other one is a beautiful woman that emits a lovely and tranquil effect to anyone who sees her. She is the stark contrast to the man beside her. When he was all power and rage, she is tranquility and serenity. The celestial couple. The Sun God and Moon Goddess in flesh and bones right in front of their very eyes.
Everyone went down on their knees and bowed low. Troy, though his head was bent knows he had seen the lady before, only he can't remember where and how.

"You did great, child." The Moon Goddess spoke in her ethereal voice, lifting all their weariness.

Troy immediately turn his head to her.