Face Beyond the Mask Part Four

Pairing: Kylo Ren x Reader

Warning: None

Word Count: 979

Please enjoy part four!

Poe was battling Kylo. With every  FVISH!  Kwishuuuuuuuuuu! you winced, while guilt overwhelmed you. Finn hadn't regained consciousness yet, but you were able to locate the major source of his bleeding and put pressure on it.

Suddenly, Poe was beside you, lifting up Finn, wrapping his arm around his waist, while slinging one of Finn's arm, around his shoulder. Before, you could ask what was going on, you glance behind you, to see Kylo laying in the snow in and out of consciousnesses.

Being forced to make a split second decision. Go help Poe carry Finn to the Rebel base or help the injured man next to you. Resting on your knees next to Kylo, his dark eyes gave you a confused gaze. It was then, that you saw the gash going across his face.

Looking back at him, you offered him a soft smile, "You're gonna be okay," you said, "This is going to hurt, but it'll make sure that your wound won't get infected."

Applying rubbing alcohol on his fresh wound, he hissed in pain. His fist clenched as he felt . His  was then transferred to you through the force. Unexpectedly, you leaned forward, placing a hand on his chest you lowered yourself, to gently blow across his wound, to help eliminate the pain of rubbing alcohol.

"W...W..Wh.."

Pulling back, you placed what looked like black tape across his cheek, "Maybe because I see the good in you," letting out a shaky breath.

Catching you off guard, he brought a gloved hand up to your cheek. Leaning into his touch, you missed Kylo, using his other arm to sit up to the best of his abilities.

Once you opened your eyes, you were nose to nose with him. His eyes had softened from the first time you had seen him. In that moment, you wanted nothing more than to run your fingers through his messy, black hair. As if, he lost all of his confidence, he looked at you for permission. Before you could react, he leaned forward an inch causing his lips to gently brush against yours. They had barely touched before he pulled back. The smallest touch of his lips, caused electricity to shoot throughout your body. 

"Kylo!" "Y/N!"

Your respective parties called for both of you through the forest.

Realizing what had happened, you jumped back causing you to tumble back. Kylo was quick to his feet, offering you helping hand. Pulling you to your feet, neither one of you made the effort to move away from each other. The both of you were standing in the middle of the forest, while both sides were advancing towards you both.

Not a care in the world, still towering over you, he glanced down at your lips as if asking permission to kiss you again, the overwhelming feeling of insecurity surged through you. Batting your eye lashes at him, you could see the internal conflict he had inside.

"We....We should go.." You whispered looking into his chocolaty eyes.

You could've sworn you saw him frown, "Yeah. I guess so."

Untangling yourselves from each other, you made your way towards the voices that were calling you. There was overwhelming urge to look over your shoulder towards Kylo. It took every ounce of strength to keep looking forward.

"Y/N!" Poe yelled, "There you are!"

He caught you off guard, when his body collided with yours.

"Are you okay?" Keeping his hands on your shoulders, he pulled away looking you in the eyes, worry etched across his features.

Your eyes had fallen to the snow, imprinted with his foot prints. Sadness overwhelmed you, as if you had lost something that was the only thing in the galaxy to keep you glued together.

"Yeah." Your voice broke off, as a few tears rolled down your cheek. The feeling of loss was the only thing you could focus on.

"Come on kiddo. Let's get you back to base." Poe said happy to have his best friend back. Wrapping an arm around your shoulder, he guided you back towards the way he had come.

Looking back, you could've sworn you seen Kylo looking back at you with the same hesitation, to return to the side that each of you belonged.

Uncertainty, plagued your mind as you retreated back to the rebel base. Laying awake that night, your mind was going through many different thoughts.

Were you really thinking of giving up on your fellow rebels? What would your friends think? How could you throw away everything you worked towards for a guy?

"Y/N."

Sitting up, you were surprised to see Kylo standing in your room.

"What're you doing up?" You questioned as you clutched the blankets tighter towards your chest.

"I...I can't sleep." Sighing he continued, "I can't stop thinking about...."

Confusion danced across your face. For Kylo becoming the new Supreme Leader of the Empire, he was acting weird.

"About what, Kylo?"

His internal struggle was evident on his face, "About you, Y/N."

You couldn't stop the gasp that fell from your lips. He was saddened by your reaction.
"I...I should go..."

Before you could think about it, you were kneeling on your knees, while your hand shot out and grabbed his keeping him from retreating. Your movements had stunned the both of you. Kylo was now standing at the edge of your bed, looking at you curiously.

Looking at the man towering over above you, your hand reached up and cupped his cheek. Surprisingly, he leaned into your touch closing his eyes.

Moving your face closer to his, your breath danced across his lips, earning a low groan from him. Slightly leaning forward, your lips enveloped his. It was much more different from the kiss you had shared in the forest. It was filled with want. His hands rested low on your hips, pulling you closer to him.