Dreamless World

Pairing: Kylo Ren x Reader

Word Count: 590

Warning: Sleep Paralysis

Requested: Yes!

Summary: The reader suffers from sleep paralysis not telling Kylo. He becomes concerned.

If there was anything in the entire galaxy, that you would give anything to have, it would be sleep

If there was anything in the entire galaxy, that you would give anything to have, it would be sleep. It was something most people, took for granted, that you were envious of. More often than not, you found yourself walking down the halls of the Finalizer through the nights. Often finding yourself, between not wanting to sleep, or not being able to sleep.

You had been struggling with a type of sleep disorder, called 'Sleep Paralysis,' for awhile now. Whenever you were, able to sleep, you would be wake up unable, to move, and sometimes you wouldn't be able to breath. You were often consuming unhealthy, amounts of caffeine of any type, to try and keep your energy up throughout the day.

After a while, nothing was able to help keep you going throughout the day. Kylo, your boyfriend, had begun getting suspicious that something was going on. You always tried to comfort him by telling him that nothing was going on. Of course, he didn't believe you, he was force sensitive and above all, he was the new Supreme Leader. He felt it was his duty to protect you, but he couldn't help that he couldn't shake the feeling of there being an invisible enemy, that he couldn't protect you from.

You were currently working in the infirmary, when you had almost passed out from exhaustion. Your superiors decided that it would be best that you were to be sent, back to your chambers, to try and get some rest.

Once, you entered back into your chambers, you had barely made it to your bed before you passed out from sleep deprivation. You hadn't thought about telling Kylo, about your current sleeping arrangement, because it was a normal thing for you at this point.

It wasn't until early in the morning, the next day that you had woken up. Your body wouldn't follow what your mind was screaming. Suddenly, your breath was shallow, and your throat felt like it was closing in on you. Your shallow breaths turned into gasps, with your eyes widening as fear coursed through your body.

Kylo, was currently laying awake in his bed, staring at the ceiling. He was having a sleepless type of night, that would be his third night in a row. The overwhelming sensation of choking and gasping for air, flowed through him. He bolted into an upright sitting position on your bed. It wasn't until he could feel the sensation coming from you, that panic had set in.

Jumping out of his bed, he made his way in a hurry to your chambers, not caring who saw him in his pajamas. Once he was opening your door, he was met with you sitting up in your bed, still gasping for air.

He made his way to sit beside you on your bed, rubbing your back up and down, trying to calm you down, while whispering sweet nothings into your hair. His presence instantly, calming you down.

"Babe? Are you okay? Don't tell me everything is fine, because it's clearly, not. I just want to help." His tone was filled with worry.

Taking the time, you explained to him that you had sleep paralysis along with everything that goes along with it.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wasn't something I could just bring up in conversation, Kylo."

"I'm sorry, babe. I'm here now."

"That's all that counts."

Kylo, stayed with you in your chambers that night. That was the first night that you had woken up, feeling refreshed, and recharged.