Chapter 2: Les Amis De L'ABC

Author's Note:

*Warning* There will be a flash-forward and p.o.v.s. I don't own the video

༺༻14 July 1819༺༻

Nicolette Francine Lamarque's P.O.V

Not again, why is he everywhere? I turned around to see the egoistic boy but this time, I examined him closely. Blonde locks, icy expressionless eyes, sharp jawline, and pale skin. He was tall for his age and seemed stronger than my brother. Possibly, he was 14 but not older than that. Now, he had a different tone and look, he seemed severe, loud, stern, and had a cold voice.

I folded my arms across my chest and gave the boy a death stare, raising my chin and folding my arms across my chest. If he is going to act like this, so will I, I am not afraid of him. But the boys were. Was he the leader? I kept my stare, he may have scary eyes but mine are scarier and I know my games.

"Look who decided to join us. Thank you Monsieur but I am fine." I replied with the same bitterness, everyone had their eyes on us.

"Then dear Mademoiselle, you should leave." The blonde looked directly at me, he seemed mad and that made him look ugly with wrinkles on his forehead.

"I am sorry, Monsieur but you are no one to tell me what to do." I responded calmly, I was not going to let him treat me like that "And I believe that Monsieur's friends enjoy my company, don't you?"

As the boys nodded without any doubt, I saw how his vision turned to them. He seemed disappointed and then glared at them. "We don't accept women." Do you want to play with fire? Fine, we will play with fire. I barely knew this kid, but he was bringing me to my nerves. "I just have one thing to state, I sorrow Monsieur's friends for having to be under the control of such an egoistic leader." Like that I turned and left, never again Nicolette. Never again will you talk with that.... youngster.

"Patria! Where are you going!?" My brother stopped me, his hand on my shoulder making me spin around. "Where am I going? Where does Monsieur think I am going? I am leaving because if not I would slap that kid."

"I am sorry about Enjolras.... he is just...."

"Rude, sexist?"

"You haven't met his good side.... 'Colette." Nicolas let go of a long breath "He just gets anxious in parties, but I promise that he is polite..."

"You expect me to forgive him? Please Nicolas, I am not like that." Getting out of his grip, I walked through the crowd once again. Enjolras... that's the boy's name. Well, Enjolras.... you have officially made an enemy. I walked into one of the small rooms and found Aceline, sitting on the ground reading her books, she looked up and frowned at my angry expression.

"What happened...?"

"I just met the most insolent boy on earth," I told her, I could feel my veins twitching on my neck. "Oh, Lord... Please tell me you didn't make a scene."

"I didn't, I kept myself together. Even if I wanted to slap him."

"Patria... what will I do with you...?" She wanted to laugh, it was all written in her expression.

"One day, one day I will change this way of thinking... I am going to bring this country for the better and I will smack that ego out of that boy." I started pacing around the small room.

"What was his name, if I may know?"

"Enjolras, that's what my brother said." I saw her face change and she looked at me "Marcelin Enjolras is the most admired man among the ladies! Though he is charming he has no interest in women and he believes in a better France... Oh Patria, I think you just met yourself but in another form."