Chapter 10: Gift From Venus

Author's Note:

Hello, welcome back!

This chapter is a continuation of the past one which I just separated into two parts. In this one, it is purely Enjolras x OC. It is a little bit longer than the past one, but I tried my best to put in a lot of emotions. I have also quoted some more musicals, let's see if you can find them.

Also, please tell me if you believe I should make a separate chapter in Enjolras P.O.V or if you want to know what happened at lunch with his parents.

By the way, I don't own the video.

Please remember to vote, comment, and add it to your reading list!!

~Vive La France~

༺༻ 1825: Winter.༺༻

They say ice can burn harder than fire, that its damage is greater and it could be even more painful.

Nicolette's skin was burning and she felt blisters forming all over her. She looked up, only to find what she had been expecting. On the other side of the room stood the blonde god who had saved her, his cores glued to her.

The world stopped and everything seemed to disappear as they locked eyes. Their eyes were so different; his orbs were glaciers while hers were burning fires. Then together, they would manage to calm each other and be neutral. Both of them could see past through the brick walls that they had built, she could see his truth and he could see her pain.

Gavroche sat on her lap, the contact with the little boy made her focus on where she was and not with the god-like boy. " 'Ow ya feelin'?"

"I'm feeling better, thank you for asking Gav." Nicolette replied, messing with the dirty blonde mane. She wasn't, she felt broken and in agony but she couldn't tell the kid the hideous truth. Her left hand traced the scarf that was covering the blue. That was the only barrier that was hiding the painful honesty and even if she was trying hard enough to push away what had happened... She couldn't get the words out of her head: By Christ, you'll pay for what you've done. This rat will make you bleed you'll see. I guarantee, I'll make you suffer. For this disturbance of the peace, for this insult of life and property. You've got some nerve, you little whore. You've got some gall.

Slowly she moved her hand down her chest and to her abdomen, trying to keep the sentiments from coming in the form of tears. Nicolette realized how little she feared death and how much she appreciated it. For her, death was the salvation of this cruel system that had only brought her disaster. Nevertheless, the world wasn't ready to let her go and that made Nicolette stand even stronger. She had to complete her dreams and prove to everyone that she was going to change everything.

The short lad who was still seated on her lap, and facing her. The boy was going to be charming someday and even if his features were still of a young boy, he had learned from Courfeyrac how to seduce young ladies. "I love ya."

"You do?" Nicolette smiled softly as the boy played with the locket that she had hanging from a delicate golden chain around her neck. The girl had worn that chain for years, no one paid much attention to it. Except for Gavroche, who would always find a way to play with its shiny object, and always wonder what it contained.

 Except for Gavroche, who would always find a way to play with its shiny object, and always wonder what it contained