Chapter 4: Apollo's Thief

Author's Note:

Just a brief note, I do not own the video of youtube. Please remember to vote, comment, and show love!

~Vive La France~

༺༻ 1823༺༻

"Patria!" Grantaire wanted to hug her tightly, instead, he maintained himself and just kissed her hand. Everyone was still in shock and could not make out the right words. Nicolette kissed Grantaire's brow and smiled kindly at him, holding his hand in a sisterly way. "Welcome back, Mademoiselle Venus. We have missed you... terribly." Jean Prouvaire said timidly looking at the floor.

"I am very glad you are here, but can we talk about what Enjolras just said! You saved him!?" Joly grinned proudly. "That is right," Enjolras nodded. He had no emotion in his voice but his eyes were shining. "Thank god that she did. "Combeferre exclaimed, and walked towards her giving her a handshake. "IS SHE HERE!?" There was a distant girl voice, and between the crowd of boys Aceline appeared, Nicolette's eyes grew widely "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?"

'Haven't, you read my letters!?" Aceline glared at the girl "Clearly you haven't! While your brother kept Enjolras away I joined them and I got to meet your friends during your absence."

"You are part of them?" Nicolette was jealous, she wasn't even part of them and Aceline, who didn't even know about Politics, was? "No, she isn't." Enjolras answer. "Let's stop talking, we have to make more pamphlets."

Aceline and the brunette walked to a corner, and started talking about their things. However, while they talked Nicolette noticed that Enjolras was sneakily looking at her. She wanted to smile back but that would have been awkward. "Gavroche why don't you join the ladies?" Combeferre told the young boy, Gavroche groaned. He wanted to help and being sent with the girls meant he couldn't do so."Grantaire put the bottle down!" Enjolras groaned. "I will take care of that, Monsieur." Nicolette stood up and sat beside Grantaire who was once again drinking. " Oh 'Taire, stop drinking."

"You have known me for years now, you know I won't do such a thing." The drunk replied, looking directly into her eyes. "I know. But... that doesn't stop me from doing this-." She grabbed the bottle and grinned at him evilly. "You are evil."

"I know, but I always keep you sober."

"Ah, that's your unique power." Nicolette laughed and nodded "Yes like you have the power to make me love you dearly."

"I fear that you are the only one who does," The drunk seemed sad, his eyes darting at his Apollo. " 'Taire, he loves you... but in a different way."

"If only it was that simple," He laughed sarcastically and then looked at her. "Mademoiselle, you are an ange, 'Ponine was right. You aren't from this world."

"I am not an ange, I am just human."

"A good-hearted human." He responded and looked into her eyes "With thief's eyes."

"Thief?" He nodded and pulled a strip of her hair behind her ear "Oui, mademoiselle. Thief eyes because they can rob anyone's heart and soul." Those words made the young girl blush and she looked at the boy, which resembled her brother physically. She tilted her head back, trying to hide the faded blush but he grabbed her chin and made her eyes look at his "You are one of the few things I believe in."

"Aw 'Taire." She hugged him tightly. People say that learning to love is the hardest thing on earth, and it is right, it is hard, but learning to love Grantaire was easy and simple. For Nicolette he was still that boy who she had mistaken in her birthday party, to her she wasn't a fraught. To her he was brisk of light in a dark room. Grantaire was special, a good lad. Someone that one day would change the world.