Chapter 7: Another story must begin

Author's Note:

This new chapter... This episode was hard to do. Get set because this is going to be a bumpy ride. By the way, I don't own the video. 

Please remember to vote, comment, and add it to your reading list!!

~Vive La France~

༺༻ 1823༺༻

Nicolette Francine Lamarque's P.O.V

Voices.

Distant sounds that surrounded me unable to be comprehended by my brain, which was too focused on deep thoughts.

"Helloo? Are you going to be spaced out all night? Can you please explain where you were and why I had to lie to your parents!?" Aceline snapped her fingers in front of my eyes.

I glanced at her, she had been talking for hours and I had just been staring at the mist. "Something happened."

"Of course something happened! Why on earth would Enjolras send me a letter telling me to back you up? What were you both doing?" The girl's voice was full of mischief as she playfully nudged my ribs.

Noticing where she was heading and I glared at her with disgust. "You actually think I did that? Adeline. I was drunk. I couldn't go back home. I stayed over at his house. That's all."

I noticed my mistake instantly, Aceline's eyes were flooded with fear. She was shrinking in the chair and had backed off. In just a blink, the poor girls' eyes were filled with tears.

Normally, I would have been concerned. I would have wrapped my arms around my friend and asked forgiveness. Instead, I found myself breathing fire. What was happening to me? Why were the stupidest things affecting me? Why did everyone believe in such- Trash? This has to come to an end.

I stood on my feet, my eyes on the girl that was on the bridge of breaking down. So this is how you feel when you don't have a heart? I told myself, noticing that I felt no pity for Aceline, who seemed frightened.

I turned around and saw everyone gazing at us, Nicolas was furious. He was angry at me and he had been the whole night. Probably because I had been missing and because now I was shouting.

Roaring. I never did that. Only when I gave speeches. Everyone was taken back and even the leader seemed disturbed. Never in my life had I felt so much anger, my eyes were stinging and I scowled at the person who I was doing eye contact with. His ice eyes dissolved at the power of my glare.

I grabbed my purse that had been laying on the table and rushed down the wood stairs, someone was following me. Who was it? Why do I always have to be followed?

That someone clutched my wrist and made me turn around, my reaction was to slap his or her cheek. A painful groan escaped its lip.

I felt a stab on my chest, what had I done. I was a monster. The blue orbs were filled with fright and pain. " 'Taire I am sorry," my voice murmured.

He stepped back, jolting his head. He had never shown that emotion towards me. Never! He had the same alarm in his eyes than when he looked up at Enjolras.

There was a stillness in the café, a dead silence. She grimaced as she stepped back and started running down the streets. It was cold, very cold to be summer and the fact that it had been raining made it worse.

I kept running, not caring about the risk of slipping on the wet streets. I ran. Ran against the cold wind that was chilly to the bone.

I raced through streets that now didn't even look familiar. I was running away from my shame, my pain... the truth.