Chapter 13: The Letters

Author's Note:

Hello, welcome back!

This chapter is a little bit of a mess, and we do have some new characters popping in. I hope you all are ready for a new swing in this story. I trust you will enjoy and connect with all the feelings that are being poured into these pages like a waterfall.

By the way, I don't own the video.

Please remember to vote, comment, and add it to your reading list!!

~Vive La France~

༺༻ 1825: Winter. Present. ༺༻

That embrace could only belong to one person. Nicolette thinks as she instantly knows who was hugging her. The softness in the embrace was familiar to her conscious and she wasn't taken by surprise when she turned around to face that features. "Eliot..."

The boy did show a bit of surprise in his gesture as Nicolette laid eyes on him. Eliot had changed, he was now taller and more aged in a handsome way but he kept that sweet familiar friendly smile. The grin he had always showed her when they would play around when little before she started seeing the world's true colors when everything was young and innocent...

"I must say I am quite disappointed that you found out who I was that early." It was obvious to her ears that his voice was no longer the one of a young boy, it was deeper, and with a faint Spanish accent. "Oh Eliot, I could recognize you everywhere. Even in a dark crowded room."

Eliot chuckles as he nods his head a little. " I should have known better than to tell 'Celine, she isn't able of keeping a secret from you."

Nicolette smiled awkwardly as she held back a laugh that was forming on the tip of her tongue. Of course, Aceline had mentioned her brother here and there, it was her soft stop being a little big mouth especially with her.

"The real question on my mind is, when have you arrive?" As the boy took his time to reply, memories couldn't stop flashing in her brain. All of them were from their youth, how they would spend their time in the gardens of their houses running around and playing tag with all their siblings.

"Mainly for work, but then came the letter from 'Celine," He spoke softly, a concerned look in his eyes as Nicolette had a stone in her stomach. "She told me everything and, I couldn't help but come to the house when I found out that you would be here. Nicolette, I own a house in Rue Plumet-"

Before she could express her thoughts which were obviously of panic and decline, he handed her a pair of keys. "-Eli! I can't accept this! It is nothing simple which I can give you back but your house? Monsieur I feel like I am helpless, I can't accept your house!"

He shook his head, clearly, he was still persistent about offering her his house. His hand reaches out of hers and he pressed the keys against her palm. "Please Nicolette, accept this for me. I rather have you safe, where we all know you can have a warm bed and food. You may stay there until you declare peace with your family; the maids can help you. They have been informed that you may be joining them."

She couldn't say no. She couldn't tell him that she was staying with someone, especially if she mentioned a boy. Therefore, she nodded and accepted. Nicolette knew she would have to think about what to do later. "Thank you, Eli..."

Nicolette found herself surrounded by a whole group of girls asking about her disappearance. She could not tell them the truth or maybe not all of it, so she said a halfway truth; it went like this:

"I run away from my house because my mother made plans to present me a boys family, with intentions of getting me married. I am staying in a second residence with no contact with my brother nor parents."