Chapter 5

Edited. Again didn't change much.

Ravens POV
"I'm an assassin," I said. She didn't say anything for a few minutes. I think she's dead?

"Ummmm, a-are you o-ok? Say something."

"Something" She finally says. "Really?How? Why?"

" Let me start from the beginning. After my family was killed I went from foster home to foster home, as you know. When I was 12 I started to street-fight. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to freak. When I was 13 I moved here and we lost contact. He hurts me, Zee, he beats me and I can't fight back because he is the second-in-command to the second best, largest gang in the world. The Vipers. When I was 15 I started getting really good at street-fighting and racing. So good that someone noticed and offered me a job. A job that helps me find my family's killers. I took it. I then became Death. I chose this name because it reminded me of someone, you. When I was 16, I found my dad's car. I fixed her. I wanted something that belonged to them. At school, I am a nerd. People bully me and I do nothing. I want to show them who I am but I'm scared. And I want to be friends with you. I want to be in your life, be your sister again, but only if you want me to." I finished. I had looked down the whole time. I was scared of what she will think of me now that she knows.

"Look at me," she demanded. I looked up and I was shocked by what I saw. I saw awe and respect in her eyes. No fear, hate, pity, none of that. I then began to cry. " YOU ARE NOT A MONSTER, OK. THOSE DICKWADS THAT KILLED YOUR FAMILY ARE, NOT YOU. Y-y-you are good. You have been through too much, seen too much. P-please do not think of yourself as a monster. I would love for you to be my friend, my sister again, and we are going to show those damn high schoolers who Raven Night is." She finished in a whisper. She was crying too. I hugged her, I cried with her, and I told her how much I love her.

This girl can make me cry and laugh. She can make me forget who I am if she wants. And I would let her, without a doubt. We then spent the next hour deciding what I am going to wear tomorrow and what car I'm going to drive. I then went downstairs and visited with everyone. I was shocked when Jack, Zees' brother came home. He was the football captain at school.

He looks so different than he did before. After that, I decided to go home. It was midnight so I thought he was asleep. So I went through the front door. He was waiting for me by the stairs.

" Where were you, you little whore. Off fucking some guy, huh?" He yelled, dragging me by my hair up the stairs to his room. When we got there he shoved me through the door and on the floor. Then he went to his "toy" case and got a whip. He ripped the back of my shirt, tied my hands to his bedpost, and got the whip ready. He never hit hard enough to break the skin but just hard enough for me to scream in pain. He did this a few times until I was sobbing loudly. Then he untied me and pointed me in the direction of my room.

I walked into my room, tore open the rest of my shirt, and took the rest off. Then I walked into my bathroom and hopped in the shower. It burned when I put my body wash on so I think he tore a little skin. After I finished my shower, I looked in the full-body mirror. It looks nasty. All red and puffy, like my eyes. I put some PJs on. They were cute.

 They were cute