Opportunity

Izuku and Izumi arrived at school after the interviews with the journalists. They both went to their classes but just before Izuku entered his classroom the principal spoke through the intercom.

Nezu: Izuku Midoriya, please report to the principal's office.
Izuku: 'You have to be kidding'

Suddenly the door bursted open and Mei jumped infront of Izuku, startling him.

Izuku: What the?!
Mei: Izuku! Are you in trouble?! What did you do?!
Izuku: 'Was she waiting for me to open the door' N-nothing that I know of.
Mei: Are you sure?
Izuku: Of course, who do you think I am?
Mei: Hmmm. Good point.
Izuku: I will be going, if Power Loader asks were I am tell him Nezu called me.
Mei: Sure thing! Good luck!

Izuku then walked towards the principal's office while wondering what could he have possibly done for the principal to call him. He finally reached the office and knocked on the door.

Nezu: Come in!

Izuku opened the door and entered thd room.

Izuku: Good morning.
Nezu: Good morning Mr. Midoriya is nice to see you again, please take a seat.

Izuku did as rold and walked to the chair infront of Izuku's desk, the memories of the time he came to take the exam flooded his mind.

Nezu: First of all I want to congratulate you for being second on the sports festival, it is quite the feat after all.
Izuku: Thank you principal.
Nezu: Also aside from being second, this is the first time a student from the non-hero coursw has ranked this high.
Izuku: Really?
Nezu: The other time was with Eraserhead when he was young, but even him came in third. I must say that you left quite the impression after aside from being from the support course you are also quirkless. This was the first time a quirkless participated in the sports festival, and you reached second place, your display has actually made think about a new possibility.
Izuku: Is that so?
Nezu: Indeed, let me go to the dot. Young Midoriya, I would like to transfer you to the hero course as soon as possible.

Izuku widened his eyes, on his legs his hands clenched into fists.

Izuku: You... Are willing to let me into the hero course?
Nezu: Yes.
Izuku: Even though... I'm quirkless and handicaped?
Nezu: Yes.
Izuku: Then...

Izuku glared at the principal.

Izuku: Why didnt you give the chance to join when I first applied?

The principal sighed, Izuku was angry and he knew it.

Nezu: Please Young Midoriya, understand that by the description your fath-
Izuku: He is not my father.

Nezu sighed once again.

Nezu: By the description All Might gave us, of course we wouldnt risk it, if we knew you had this skills then we would have given you a chance.
Izuku: You should never judge a book by its cover Mr. Principal. Has it ever crossed your mind that there is a quirkless out there even more capable of being a hero then the ones in your school? That they just lack the power?
Nezu: That is certainly something I have thought of, but we cant risk it. Hero is a dangerous profession.
Izuku: That is exactly how it is meant to be after all. That is what separates true heroes from pro heroes.
Nezu: Are you implying pro heroes are not true heroes?
Izuku: Anyone with power can nowdays be a hero, they can be pro heroes but not true heroes. True heroes are those who despite knowing the dangers and knowing they lack power and may die, still do what they can because its right. I'm not saying some pro heroes arent true heroes, but the term hero has largely lost its value.
Nezu: Then why dont you become a hero? Dont you think you can help raise its value once again?