Real Monster

"The Paranormal Liberation Front is advancing towards the capital!"

"The heroes have retreated once again. What on earth are they thinking?! Do they want to let the country fall?!"

"We must stay united; divided we fall, united we stand!"

"The military has stepped in to wage war against the Paranormal Liberation Front, but it has seen limited success..."

These were some of the headlines that passed through the TV; the entire country is in a state of panic after it was revealed that Nana Shigaraki had actually survived the airstrike in Jaku, and now he was causing destruction everywhere she went. The heroes were fighting a full-on war, something they had never even thought they would do, and as of now, they seemed to be losing. The government frequently interfered whenever they were about to deal a critical blow to the Liberation Army, which made everything get dragged on for almost two weeks, two weeks in which Nana did not spare anyone she came into contact with, seeding terror wherever she went, leaving behind a trail of corpses. For most of the League and even the Paranormal Front members, her methods were quite brutal... They all wanted to bring down the current society, and they knew that some sacrifices needed to be made, but not in a million years did they expect the hell that was happening right now.

A recent battle in a city close to Tokyo came out as a real slap for many of them...

As the lieutenants wandered all around the city, the scent of fresh blood could be felt invading the entire town. Toga looked around at all the corpses in the town. Toga had always been fascinated by blood, most likely due to her quirk. It's not really her fault, but for the past few days, she had not felt that way... It probably started when she saw Twice almost bleed his life away, for the first time, she didn't want to see blood, Toga wanted Twice to be okay, she wanted her friend to be fine...

Then the massacres started; Toga was more than happy to join, although she couldn't cause as much destruction as Nana or Dabi; she still joined to satisfy her own blood desire, but then... As Toga had just finished killing a small, defenseless family, she was about to head out when someone grabbed her, it was the father of the family she had just killed, he was holding his dead son in his arms.

"Look at us!" The man screamed at Toga. Toga tried to pull herself away from the man, but his grip was firm. "Look at our faces! Remember them! Remember them! Because when you come down to hell, we will surely have not forgotten yours!" Toga used her knife to cut the man's throat. Toga was panting hard; she was not expecting that to happen. A sound caught her attention, a cry, a baby's cry. She slowly walked to a cradle she had not noticed before, and there she saw a small baby, as he cried for something? Was he hungry? Was he tired? Did he just want his mother? Toga doesn't know... Should she take him out of his misery?

For the first time, Toga was disgusted with her own thoughts; she couldn't do it. She stepped out of the house, the baby's cries could still be heard behind her, and the faces of that family were forever implanted in her memory. She had never felt any empathy for those who she killed, they never had anything in common, but for the first time, after looking back on how that man and everyone else often tried to protect someone else when she attacked them, Toga realized they did had something in common, something Toga never expected to find, they all had someone who they valued the most, someone who they just wanted to be okay. The idea of that person getting hurt was something they would never allow. For Toga, this person was Twice... How many people like herself in that aspect has she killed? How many people like Twice in that aspect has she killed? Toga didn't want to think about it.

This was the life Toga had always wanted; this was the life she ever dreamed of. She always wanted to be free, not be bound by rules; she always thought this would be her perfect life... Then why... Why can't she stop crying? Toga ever wondered how did the heroes defined what was right and what was wrong, and for the first time, after looking at Nana standing on top of a mountain of corpses, laughing like a complete maniac, she now knew the answer, she just feels it, but she isn't ready to accept it just yet...