4. As Time Flew...

[•Nuri's POV•]

When we reached back home, the other girl who helped me at the bar greeted us. "Welcome back" She smiled, "Thank you dear" Replied Yeşim. "Thanks" I smiled back at her and held out my hand. "My name's Nuri" I said, "I am Deren" She shook my hand and smiled. Thankfully this girl didn't come forward to kiss my cheeks.

We had dinner together and talked for a long time. Yeşim got up to make her fabulous tea and we continued our conversation on the couch.

"Does it hurt?" Asked Deren, "Not much, this always happens. This right leg of mine has been a bit weak since childhood. Even when I trip, I end up twisting my ankle. It's no big deal" I replied. "But you were so brave out there!" She grinned. This girl was nothing like her description. Moreover, she was pretty younger than me. Deren went to college in the day and worked at the bar in the evenings.

"What do you mean?" I chuckled. "The way you fought with him was amazing! If it was Yeşim, then she would have flirted" Deren laughed. "Would not! But you have to admit that he was hot" Yeşim replied. She handed us each a glass of warm tea. "Never" Deren shrugged. I ended up laughing at them, "Didn't you see his hair? How gorgeous it was? and his face! ah..." Yeşim sighed dreamily. "Well, I saw his eyes. How angry he was for a simple thing" Deren shook her head.

"Well, what do you think Nuri?" They turned to me and I choked on my tea, "About what?" I straightened myself and gulped. "Wasn't he handsome?" She asked dramatically, "Well... I think... Looks don't make a man" I replied, "Finally someone logical!" Deren praised me. "That doesn't mean he looked bad, he was pretty handsome..." I mumbled and sipped my tea again.

I regretted saying that because Yeşim and Deren stared at me for a long time with a Mona Lisa smile.

×××

I called mom before bed. She couldn't talk much as she was very busy at the resort so I had to hang up early. My phone buzzed with Fatoş's name and I picked up immediately. Gosh, I missed her. "Hey Fatoş" "Nuri, How did the first day go?" She asked me excitedly, "It was kinda okay I guess... But tonight was horrible" I sighed. "What happened?" "Till evening it was fantastic... Yeşim took me shopping, we went to the amusement park and had a lot of fun" I said, "That's great... But what happened after that?" She asked curiously.

"Uh... We had to go to a bar... To meet my other roommate, Deren. She works there. So we went and... Uh... My top got stuck on some table and I pulled... My leg slipped and hit the table... And uh... I fell on top of somebody... Some man... He had a glass of alcohol in his hand. The glass shot up... And I was drenched in alcohol... It was so embarrassing, but I looked so good when I caught it while laying on top of that guy... And you know the worst part, he was so mad at me and obviously, I was very mad at him too... And then... He called me some 'Deli kiz' or something like that and then... He-"

"Nuri! Calm down... Breathe girl" She chuckled and I realized that I've been blabbering for a long time. "By the way Nuri, he called you crazy... Deli kiz means crazy girl" "Ah! That jerk called me mad? He was a psychopath himself!" I retorted and she laughed. "Forget him, tell me about your leg though. Does it still hurt?" Asked Fatoş, "I sprained my ankle. The doctor asked me not to move it much for two days... It's fine though, I will probably be able to walk properly tomorrow itself" I said.

"I'm glad to hear that... But I wanted to tell you something... " She switched to a worried tone. "Fatoş, what's wrong?" "Well... I am getting a transfer soon, probably by the end of this week. We have another firm in Antakya and I will be staying there for a very long time" I was shocked. She would be going farther from me.

"But you just got here..." I said, "Yes... But what can I do? Our company's alliances are a bit weak there, so they are sending me... I am also kinda proud you know, only the best people are being transferred to Antakya" "Yeah... So you're lucky! Congratulations!" I replied to lighten the mood, "Thanks dear" "Rica ederim" I replied, "Your Turkish has improved!" She complimented me with a chuckle. I flushed at the comment, "Thanks..." I mumbled.

×××

The time began to fly fast.

I was able to walk just fine after two days and Fatoş left for Antakya on Saturday. Yeşim had accompanied me to the airport to bid farewell to her. I was going to miss her so much.

My class at the university would commence tomorrow and I felt pretty anxious about it. I didn't know what to take and when to leave, but thankfully Yeşim was by my side the whole time. I had grown closer to her. She and Deren used to be neighbors in a village in Antakya. Since they were ambitious young women, they came to Istanbul to fulfill their dreams.

×××

"See you girls in the evening" Deren waved at us and hurried out the door. "You know, Deren's totally different from what you told me first" I turned to Yeşim and she chuckled. "Yeah, even I noticed... You know she never used to say good morning but now she'll be the first to say it. I guess it's because of you" she winked, "Me? What did I do?" "Well that night, when you got into a fight with that man, you were so fierce. No one will ever dare to argue with you Nuri. She probably thinks of you as her role model!" She laughed and I nearly choked on my bread.

The next morning came and I was pumped for my first day at the university. I got up early and cooked for the girls. It became a part of my life cycle now, the girls loved my food and I loved them.

I ate early and left, Fatoş had shown me the way earlier. I went to the office to register, found my class, my professors, and also a few likable students. For the first time in my life, my try at something new went perfect with no clumsiness or mistakes.

_______________________
 Last Edited: 13th May 2021