21. Anger And Guilt

[Ferit's P.O.V]

I looked at myself in the mirror and straightened my tie. The house was silent as both of them were still asleep. I went to Idris' room and peeped in. They both were cuddled together and I sat on the chair near the bed. I had never seen Idris this happy with someone outside the family, she sure was a special girl. She was hugging Idris like she hugged my arm that day. I couldn't help smiling, thinking how I had caught her near the pool.

At that time, she woke up and rubbed her eyes. Even Idris stirred, but he didn't open his eyes and cuddled his blanket. Nuri looked at me and then at Idris. She slowly got out of the bed so as not to wake him up, even I got up and went out the room. "Did you sleep alright?" I asked her when we came out and she nodded. "He talked for hours before falling asleep" she said and smiled. "Aah... Then I will head for the company now" I said. She nodded and I headed downstairs.

[Nuri's P.O.V]

Ferit bey had left long back and Idris was having breakfast at the kitchen. "How did you catch a cold in the first place?" I asked him, "I don't have a clue, everybody is sick nowadays" "It's winter right? Being ill is common" I said. "Nuri, when is New Year?" "The day after tomorrow, why?" I asked wondering. "My birthday is exactly five days from new year... January 6th" He said happily.

"Really? You will be a big boy then?" he laughed. "I am not yet big, I will just turn 8. When I am older I will be like my Abi, strong and handsome!" I laughed, "I like this cute face better" I said tickling him. At that time, a lady came walking into the yard, "Aygün hanım buraya böyle yürüyemezsin!" said Malik, following her. I went out to the yard wondering what was happening, the lady stopped in front of me.

She looked very similar to someone and she turned to the guard, "Malik, Buraya bak, bu ev oğluma ait ve istediğim zaman buraya gelebilirim!" she said coldly. I obviously didn't understand anything, except the fact that she was not welcome. "Malik, is there something wrong?" I asked, "Nuri hanim, Ferit bey has asked me not to let her in here" he said, "Uh... Who are you?" I asked the lady.

She was old and her face was wrinkled, but still she had a layer of makeup over it. "Are you his new girlfriend?" asked the lady looking up and down at me with a smirk on her face. "What? No! I work here miss. Who are you?" I asked again getting kinda mad. "Hmm... I see. I am Aygün, Ferit's mother" she said and held out her hand. I shook it just to be polite.

Then Idris came into the yard, "Grandma?" he asked standing near me, "Idris my dear!" she cried and went towards him to kiss his forehead. He didn't resist nor did he seem happy about it, he wiped the lipstick stain off of his forehead which made me chukle to myself. "Aygün hanim... Please don't get me fired" repeated Malik. "I won't leave. At least let me talk with Idris" she said. "Also can you bring me a cup of coffee?" She asked turning to me. "But... Umm... Okay... Would you like something else?" "No, thank you dear" she said and went to the living room with Idris tagging along.

I made the coffee myself and headed to where they were sitting in the living room. She asked Idris, "Didn't you go to school dear?" "It's closed" he said, "Why is it closed?" "It's winter now, they will open only after a few months" he replied. "Grandma, why did you come here?" Asked Idris, "I wanted to meet your grandfather also your birthday is coming up right?" "You remember!" He exclaimed. She laughed and petted him lovingly, "How can I ever forget?" She replied.

×××

"I'm thirsty" said Idris and went to the kitchen to drink water. "Aygün hanim, did you drink your coffee?" I asked her, "What work is it that you do here?" she asked back curiously. "I am the cook and I take care of Idris while Ferit bey is at the company" I said. "A cook? Nice... How long have you been here?" she asked. At that time Idris called me from the kitchen, "Nuri, let's do the jigsaw puzzle outside, come on!" called Idris from the kitchen. "Can I help too?" She asked me as she got up. I was slightly shocked, "Umm... Sure" I replied.