26. Realization

[•Nuri's POV•]

I saw my parents sitting on the porch. Mom was reading the newspaper and dad was busy using the calculator. Ankita was also sitting near them, her eyes glued to her phone. I walked over to them, "Mom, dad, I have to go back" I said and they both turned to me shocked.

"What? Where?" "I have to go back to Turkey. My course has been resumed again, It starts on the 5th" I said. Ankita looked up at me and smiled in a devil like manner, she knew I was lying. "But how will you go there, we already have to pay so much debt" said my mother, "Uh... They will pay for it" "What do you mean?" she asked.

"They said that, for all the students who have gone outside the country, they will pay for our return trip so tomorrow is the flight" "How did they agree to pay for all these kids?" she asked. Well that was a logical question, "Uh... Even I don't know how, but they sent an email and mentioned the details, so I have to leave tomorrow evening"

"My my dear girl, you just arrived and you are already leaving..." said my mother and I made a sad face. "So mom I will leave early tomorrow" "The flight is in the evening right?" she asked, "Yes but, I couldn't go around town at all! I have missed this place so much..." I said.

"No, no, you will stay here" said my mother and my heart sank. "Mom let her go. Chechi really wants it. Even I can go with her" said my darling sister, "I don't wanna send both of you... Fine Nuri can go, but you will stay here" said my mother. I loved Ankita so much!

My father sighed looking at me and nodded in agreement, but then turned to his calculator frustrated. I asked my mother what he was doing, "He is calculating the money left to pay Jaleel" she said, "What? we paid him back last summer right?" "Yes, but he said that 40,000 rupees are left, and with interest, it's almost 50" said my mother.

I can't believe that greedy dog! How much more does he want? "Should I stay then? I can if you want" I said and my mother smiled. "Don't worry about it. You should hurry off and pack your bags" said my mother caressing my face. She was the sweetest woman ever, "Sleep well dear" I nodded and went back up to my room, but Ankita caught up with me.

"You agreed didn't you?" she asked triumphantly and I nodded with a sigh. "I have to be there for his first cousin's birthday, so I agreed" "Okay, but why are you gonna leave in the morning?" She asked and I told her the whole plan. "I knew you were lying!" She exclaimed, "Shhh! If they find out, I am dead. Moreover, how did you know that it was a lie?"

"Your eyes always wander around when you lie" she said and smiled, "So is this the first date?" She asked excitedly. "My dear sister, keep your fantasies to yourself" I said. "Oh come on! It's definitely a date. At least it's the first step to marriage, you are making progress" she said slyly. "You are worse than Yeşim" I said, "Who's that?" "Why are you this curious?" I asked getting mad. 

"Don't you forget that I helped you" she warned, "Fine, fine, I am gonna go pack my bags and get some sleep. Good night" "Hmm.. good night" she replied.

×××

Breakfast was done and Ferit bey left early as planned. He shook our hands before leaving and glanced at me as he entered the taxi. I left soon after, "Be careful and call every day, okay?" "Okay, but if there is anything regarding Jaleel, you should call me immediately" I said. My mother laughed and kissed me. I embraced Ankita and my father too before leaving.

I got out of the gate and a few meters away, I saw the taxi parked. I was really excited to do this but I still couldn't believe that Ferit bey agreed. I went near the cab and got in at the back with him, I trusted him more now. "Where are we going?" Asked the driver. "Museum" I said, "You are going to take me to a museum?" Asked Ferit bey with an astonished face.